Chapter 40: Spinning

Aria

"Um... so I clearly missed something." I say, confused at to how this Jessica double is Spencer's mother.

Her story seemed real but like what the fuck.

"You've been missing a lot" Hanna mumbles

I shoot her a look.

Jeeze, even when I come in peace I still get shaded

"Hanna please I can't deal with the hostility, she said she's sorry, I'm gonna forgive her and move on slowly." Spencer says

"Really? That easily?" Hanna asks

"Yeah I have other shit to deal with than this petty nature. She apologized, ima forgive her and we will see what happens later" Spencer explains and I kind of hate that.

She's basically just forgiving me because she has worse things to deal with.

"Whatever. I'm not ready to be besties with her but I'll let it go. See how it goes" Hanna shrugs "just don't wanna be around Ezra right now"

"I second that." Toby speaks up "don't want him around Spencer or our kids"

"Guys come on" I sigh

"I'm sorry Aria. But at least you attempted to apologize. Ezra hasn't" Spencer mutters

"And any man who's going to say what he said about his friend and best mans woman deserves isolation." Toby shrugs

"I second what Toby said. He focused on Spencer but brought me up too and it's like why are you trying to destroy women?"

"He was doing the same thing I was doing. Guys please"

"Aria we are choosing to forgive you and slowly see if things can be normal. You can't force us to do the same with Ezra when he's just hiding behind your apology" Toby says

It's really hard to be in the middle.

I know I was in the wrong and I know Ezra shouldnt have said anything however he was just standing up for me. He's always stood up for me, he's always having my back and sometimes he goes too far. And picking up the pieces is very hard.

But I guess I have to accept it.  

"Alright." I sigh

"What you missed was me getting shot by Kirk to stop me from being with Toby. There plan was to call off the law suit if I left Toby. I declined so I got shot and Mary came out and stopped Jenna from shooting me as well. She helped put pressure on my wound and denied hurting me because she was my mother. And you heard her story" Spencer explains as Hanna's phone rings.

Hanna

" i don't know Caleb." i sigh through the phone, I love his mom and I would take any opportunity to see her but I don't want to leave Spencer with everything going on.

"Well, she wants us there tonight"

"I know and that's sweet but does she knows what's going on?. My best friend is in the hospital after being shot and she also has a daughter in the hospital, i need to be there for her"

"Yes she knows and understands but Hanna it's one night and  Spencer has other friends who can take care of her while you take a break tonight"

I sigh.

I love Caleb's mom, step father and his half brothers but it's just too much right now.

I can sence Spencer's going crazy inside. This is eating at her and i want to be there for her, even though it's one night