Chapter 21 : True Friend

Aria

"So Are you going to say anything?" i ask

Most of the car ride has been silent and now we are almost home.

"Spencer I wont let you out of the car until you tell me where you went yesterday" I yell

"It doesn't matter where I went Aria, just leave it alone!"

"Leave it alone? You left my wedding early, you left your children, didn't answer any calls or texts and then I find you in a pub day drinking on a pool table making out with random people. So no I will not leave it alone"

"It's not your business!" She fires again

"Not my business? Yeah well sleeping with a married man wasn't yours either but I know that's what you did so since we both don't mind our business you can tell me"

"Are you fucking kidding me Aria?" She gasps

I provably shouldn't have gone that far I'm just upset with her.

She normally has the best judgment and she really dropped the ball.

"I didn't mean it that bluntly but I'm not entirely wrong" I soften my tone

"Let me out of this car. Unlock the fucking door!" She yells despite the fact that we are actually driving

"Spencer" I sigh

"No, you don't get to Spencer me! No one gets to do that anymore! I'm vulnerable and hurting and I get taken advantage of or put down whenever I have emotions or make mistakes because I'm Spencer and I'm the smart one so I shouldn't be anything imperfect because I'm not human or something"

"That's not true" I sigh

"Well you all make me feel that way. So just leave me alone. I'm sorry that you had to spend the day after your wedding day searching for me. I'm sorry for not answering. It's been a long 18 hours for me okay. I'm tired I'm hurting so let's drop it"

"I just wanna be here for you" I sigh as I pull up in her driveway.

She looks at me "if that was true you wouldn't have said what you said at the start. So thanks but no thanks" she says as she unbuckles her belt, unlocks her door and walks to her door.

Hanna

"There you are!" Emily gasps

"Yeah, here I am" she says sarcastically as she heads to her stairs

"Spence?"

"I'm fine Hanna. Thanks for watching the girls guys. I needs sleep" she says as she walks up stairs.

"What happened?" Emily asks Aria as she enters

"She didn't tell me. I found her in a pub drinking and making out with a random guy. I asked her what happened and we fought."

"Why did you fight?" I ask

Aria sighs "I said something I shouldn't have and yeah"

"Aria come on. I get you're not happy that she slipped back but you of all people should know that love causes you to do shit you know you shouldn't do but you do anyway"

"Really? After my wedding this is what you have to say?"

"Hey hey, I wasn't judging it. It's your life not mine. You are happy and that's all that matters to me. My point is all of us have done stupid shit when it comes to love and you should understand or at least be understanding. She's hurting and is making some wrong choices but we are her friends, judgment free remember"