| Chapter Three : Life on the Highway |

I felt warmth radiating on me as it tickled my eyes and threatened to make me become a blind person. I groaned and rolled over, my head pounding. I felt chilly - more chilly than usual and slid under the covers more. My eyes slowly opened and stared at the wall before I rolled back over onto my back and stared at the ceiling, squinting.

Then my heart leaped. I looked down a bit at my bra and underwear; it was all I was wearing.

Holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap. Please no. What the fudge happened?! Why...What...No...How...WHAT?!

I looked around, I was the only one in the bed.

Maybe it was a really weird dream and I undressed myself thinking I was kissing Alex...--...oh my gosh. Do I even realize how ridiculous that sounds?! Obviously...

Suddenly a head appeared - a bleach blonde, blue eyed head. My eyes widened as I turned on my side and pretended to still be asleep. The blonde was only in his boxers. He climbed back in bed and rolled away from me.

My heart must have been pounding at a rabbit like speed because I could barely breathe or swallow. My mouth became very, very dry as I stared at the wall. Soon I rolled back over - yet again - and stared at Alex who was trying to fall back asleep. Although he looked...dare I say it hot...shirtless, I also wanted to smack him upside the head.

As if he read my mind, his blazing blue eyes flew open and he looked over at me. My lips stuck together but tried to part a bit as I just laid there... Staring at him.

A few seconds later - which seemed like painfully long - his raspy morning voice spoke up concerned, "What? What's wrong?"

My eyes left his and stared at his bare chest. A single tear rolled down my face as I stared at his bare, but attractive might I add oops, chest. My eyes slowly made their way to his eyes and I stared at him. He caught on quite quickly.

"No. No Joce, we didn't do anything...!" He said quickly as he shook his head.

As soon as he said that my heart slowed down and I let out a long breath that I was holding. Out of my worry-wart ways I covered myself up more with the blankets before I nodded slowly and unsure of myself. I didn't feel any pain, so I'm pretty sure nothing happened. But... Holy... Crap...

"I would never do anything to you, Joce. Not if you didn't want me to. No matter how drunk I ever get. You trust me right?" He asked, frowning and more alert as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me reassuringly.

I felt safe in his arms. The way I fit in his hugs arms made me feel secure and happy. I nodded softly before I spoke up in a whisper, "I trust you, Alex. I trust you with my life."

There was a painstakingly long pause as he held his breath. Soon I felt his chest softly rising and falling once again as he hugged me closer and tighter before he spoke up.

"I trust you too. I trust you with my life, Jocelynn. And I would never ever make you regret trusting me." He said with honesty and determination in his tone.

I smiled as I relaxed and snuggled closer to his warm body as his big arms held me tightly and protectively. I rested my head on the pillow before I played lightly with his hair that was on the back of his neck. The corners of his lips curled into a small smile before he pecked my forehead gently and with a hint of passion seeping through. I smiled lightly again before I closed my eyes.

My head pounded, but I ignored it. I was too spaced out from Alex's charm to really pay close attention to the pounding.

Soon it became unbearable. I flung my eyes open and gripped my forehead as I rolled away from Alex and groaned softly to myself. Not only did I almost never get headaches, but now my stomach dealt queasy on top of it. Lovely.