| Chapter Four : Alex's Apartment ...And Trin's Troubles |

He grinned as he walked through the rusty and creaking old door. I grinned as he waved a piece of paper in the air a bit.

"I got it! I officially live here now, for as long as I can pay." He stated, still grinning.

"Whoo! Alex gotta apartmeent!" I said, grinning and winking. He chuckled and rolled his eyes at me.

"It's not that big...but it'll do." He said, nodding as he looked around again.

"Congrats though babe! This is a big thing - you've got your own place now. I was afraid I'd have to bring you apple pie under a bridge..." I said, pursing my lips and trying not to crack a grin.

He rolled his eyes at me again before he huffed a bit and spoke up, "Meanie."

"Awwee you know you love me thouughh." I sang out, winking at him. He chuckled and picked me up, spinning around a bit before he dropped me on the couch and nodded down at me.

"Yup. I love ya babe." He stated as he chuckled at me. I frowned before I grabbed his hand and pulled him down. On top of me.

He's not that heavy - but all those muscles... That knocked the breath out of me for a second. But he's still on top of me. Wrong move, Joce.

Suddenly my phone rang and he climbed off of me, sitting beside me as I answered.

"Heeelloo?" I called out, not bothering to check who was calling.

"H-hello? Joce? Joce, we-we have a major issue here. Colossal." A soft voice peeped out. It was Serenity. She literally sounded like Fluttershy from My Little Pony. No joke.

"What's wrong?!" I asked alarmed.

"Well..." She took a deep breath as if she was going to speak up, but her small voice came out softly again, "Trinity got a call. From England...her mom had a huge heart attack and isn't doing good at all. Trinity sped off and I'm in the passengers seat and she's going super duper fast... AND HOLY CRAP TRINITY SLOW DOWN!"

Her yells...weren't entirely yells...they were more like soft screams that squeaked out of her.

I pursed my lips before I jumped up as started pacing, Alex watching concerned. I frowned immensely before I spoke up, "Serenity put me on speaker."

"Okay. You're on speaker now." She said softly. I could hear the sobs in the background from Trinity.

"Trin, Trinity, girl... Hey. It's alright. Shh just take it easy okay? Speeding and stressing isn't going to help." I said soothingly as Alex tilted his head at me and raised an eyebrow.

He literally looked like a confused puppy right now, no joke.

"Don't tell me to take it easy! I can't! My mom..." Trinity screeched out in a sob.

"Trinity... Maybe you should pull over. I mean think what your mom would want you to do, not freak out over this." Serenity piped up softly.

"Don't you tell me what to do or think!" Trinity snapped back before I heard a harsh intake of breath. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean... Gosh... Okay. Yeah."

I heard a bit of screeching from the tires as she probably pulled over and sobbed.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." I said before I said to Alex away from the phone, "We have to go. Now."

"What...what if it's not?!" She sobbed out.

"Look, Trin, your mom is a strong woman. It's going to be okay. And she wouldn't want you fussing over her. It's okay. I'll be there soon...where are you exactly?" I asked as I hopped into the car and Alex sped off.