| Chapter Seventeen : Alex's POV... Conclusions... |

My head snapped from her back to the laptop screen as I spoke up quickly, "Joce, let me explain, she--"

I didn't have a chance to talk.

She ended the Skype call.

I panicked; I could only imagine what she was thinking. I stared over at Alli. She pursed her lips.

"I'm sorry babe. I didn't realize you were talking to Joce. Ugh, now she's going to hate me, right? She's gonna think something's going on with us." She blew a long sigh to herself.

"No, it's fine. I'll...figure something out. I'll get this right." I replied, pursing my lips.

"Okay...well...are you ready? Jeff's waiting, and I've got the books in my bag, and let-me-tell-you. It. Is. Heavy." She stated as she jumped up and tried to re-position her bag on her shoulders.

I chuckled and nodded, "Yeah. I'll grab my bag and we can go."

I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket, I decided to give Joce a few minutes. Knowing her, she probably wouldn't answer anyways, that or she'd spit fire at me. I stood up and grabbed my bag as I sighed and walked towards the door and Alli.

"Hey, it'll be okay, babe. We'll get this sorted out." She stated, sending me a soft smile. I nodded lightly and showed a half smile to her as I walked out and closed the door behind me.

I can't lose Joce; I can't do it. I lost her once, and I can't go through that again. She's everything to me. She's... My life.

I pursed my lips and walked with Alli towards the doors to go out to the parking lot. Ever since Jocelynn and I split for college, it's been hard. I've looked at girls and almost pictured Joce's face on them. I've wanted to taste Joce's sweet lips - they're my favorite flavor. I've wanted to hold her in my arms. It was a stronger urge than I've ever had. I've wanted to hold her soft hands and entangle our fingers together.

Every time I imagined us holding hands as she leaned her head into my shoulder, the urges just get stronger. I sighed as we walked along. Alli noticed.

"Maybe you should go to her..." She spoke up softly as we opened the doors.

"No, I don't have any money left. Remember?" I asked, pursing my lips together harshly.

"Oh... Yeah... So get a job, dork." She replied, narrowing her eyes. "Duh."

I chuckled and shook my head as I replied, "I don't have the time. You know how my schedule goes! First class at 8:05, second at 9:56, third at 10:35, lunch early, fourth class at 12:45, fifth at 2:15, then I'm dismissed just to go straight to football practice. And football goes from two hours to five. I'm certainly not getting a job at night, that's not happening."

She pursed her lips as we got closer to Jeff and his car. She spoke up after a few seconds, "Well then stop being such a butt head and let us help you get some money. Maybe you could do something on Saturday. Sunday?"

"Mm, Saturday's I have practice from 10-4, and Sunday's the only day I have off. Even then I have to go for 1-2 hours!" I replied, groaning internally.

I'd do anything to see Joce again, but I wanted a future in my football. But...Joce is more important.

She frowned and nodded. "Okay, fine, point valid, but you need to get out there and see her!"

I sighed heavily as I replied, "Yeah. I know. I really do. I wish I could get time off somehow."

Suddenly my phone went off in the ring tone of Trinity's. Oh thank God. Maybe she can help me. I pursed my lips and whipped my phone out of my pocket.