| Chapter Eighteen : Christmas Break... And a Surprise |

*Back to Joce's POV*
------

Derek had decided to go with Alex to his college. Alex had come here for his Christmas break. We all hung out for the first few days, visiting, singing carols like lunatics, playing games, lighting Christmas lights. We were quite festive, if I do say so myself.

Trinity was scared to let Derek go, but Alex reassured he'd keep an eye on him. She wouldn't show Derek she didn't want him to go and ruin his dreams, so she expressed it out to me.

"I'm... I'm scared, Joce." Trinity whispered and looked up at me.

She had rented two rooms from a five star hotel for Christmas break; hers was the pent house, and other one was closely behind a pent house. The girls in one room, the other for the boys.

"It'll be okay. Alex said he'd watch over Derek, and we can Skype with them, and I'm here." I nodded, hugging her lightly.

Serenity was out with her new close guy friend, Bryan. Over the past month they had slowly started talking, but it didn't help that both of them were shy.

She nodded and hugged me back, sighing lightly as I rubbed her back soothingly. She wouldn't be alone. I'm always gonna be there for my girls; no matter what. That's a promise I'm going to keep to myself and them.

We pulled away a bit later and she grinned to herself as she wiped at her eyes lightly. She spoke up soon after, "Wanna watch something?"

"Sure. Oh! How about How The Grinch Stole Christmas!" I exclaimed quickly. "The one with Jim Carrey."

She giggled and nodded, "Okay. I shall find it if it's the last thing I do."

I grinned as she grabbed the remote control and surfed through the channels. Home Alone showed up, Santa Clause 3 came up, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Trinity squeaked with glee as she clapped her hands and pointed like a little child.

"WOOKIE JOCEY BOO I FOUND IT!" She exclaimed, making the childish side come out.

I grinned and replied, "Yaye now can we has ice ceam?"

She nodded and jumped up as she spoke up, "Ice ceam it is sissy."

I grinned and sat on the couch. I leaned back in it and watched intently. He was inappropriate at times, but this is one of my favorite Christmastime movies. I don't know why, but it is.

Trinity skipped back in the room and plopped down on the sofa beside me and handed me a spoon. She opened the large container of peanut butter chocolate stampede and dug in with her own spoon. Where we are in California, the weather was pretty mild. But soon they were calling for a bit of snow. Ugh that means it's gonna be cold..!

We watched for half an hour longer before Serenity burst in, smiling and giggling to herself like an idiot. Trinity and I perked up and snapped our attention towards her.

"Two love birds have fun, eh?" Trinity asked and winked.

Serenity rolled her eyes and closed the door, leaning up against it.

"Pretty sure they did." I answered, nodding and putting some more ice cream in my mouth. I'm a pig, I know, shush, no need to tell me. Gawsh!

Serenity rolled her eyes again before she finally spoke up, still giggling lightly, "He said he wants to take me to another movie sometime. Maybe complete with dinner and meeting his parents."

"OOOOooohhhhh!" Trinity exclaimed, "Ma gurl's got herself a boooyyyy! And they is goin to the next leveeell! Now, he better behave himself and be good or else he's gonna regret living."