| Chapter Thirty : Oh No... { Epilogue } |

A Year and a Half Later...

I sat on the couch, reading to Troy as Alex went to the store to get a few foods. Troy stopped me, put his little hands in front of the words and stopped me. He had begun to talk, but it wasn’t very clear.

“Mommyah whah fo tat?” He asked. I tried to figure out what he was talking about, but I wasn’t sure.

“What do you mean, baby?” I questioned, raising my eyebrow slightly.

He groaned, threw his hands on his head, then pointed to the book. He put his finger on the long nose that was showing; Pinocchio.

“Ooh, I see. You want to know why his nose is so long?” I replied as I moved his hair from his eyes. He nodded, quite hard, and put his hair back by his eyes.

“Oh, now why would you do such a thing, silly pants?!” I exclaimed, pushing his hair out of his eyes again. He giggled and flinched away, shaking his head and putting it back in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and huffed playfully before I threw a hand in the air and said, “Okay, I give up. Good goodness, my boy.”

“Hehehe. Ow wah fo tat?” He asked after giggling.

“Well, he lied. It’s not good to lie, Troy boy. If you lie, no one will ever believe you. This little puppet lied, making his nose grow big, which meant he lied. It was a bad thing he did.” I explained, watching his intent watch on me. I smiled, but narrowed my eyes a little bit before I got closer and whispered loud enough for him to hear, “Promise you won’t ever lie?”

“I womisoe.” He replied, nodding his head once hard before he pointed to the book again. “Ead!”

I nodded and went back to reading. He snuggled up to me, cuddling into my side as I read and showed him the pictures. He giggled and pointed as he said things like, “Tas siwwy!” or “Tat eid, it eid.” I smiled as I noticed his eyelids were getting droopy. I continued to read, though. Maybe he’d take a nap – he could use one, that’s for sure.

Soon enough he was asleep and Alex came home. I rushed to the door and held a finger to his lips before he yelled he was home. I smiled and replaced my finger for my lips before we pulled away, him smirking.

“Well, that was a nice welcome back.” He whispered, pecking my cheek.

I smiled and replied, “Troy’s asleep, so I didn’t want you waking him up.”

“Oh, is that the only reason, hmm?”

“Maybe…” I giggled, swaying back and forth before I skipped towards the kitchen, waiting for him to follow. He smirked, shut the door quietly, and took long strides to the kitchen before he put the bags down and grabbed my waist, turning me to face him. I rolled my eyes and giggled quietly before he pulled me closer.

“Oh, really? It is, hmm?”

“Mhm! Now, let’s put these foods away so they don’t go bad. The milk isn’t good to be left out too long. You should know that.” I replied, giggling and pulling away from him. I winked and grabbed the milk out of the bag, put it in the fridge, and walked back over to get the rest.

He smirked and grabbed onto me, holding me closer and tighter. “Oh, but that’s not all I wanted. And I’m sure, somewhere in your mind; you wanted more than a little peck like that. So, if I have to, I will.”

I grinned as he placed his lips on mine, but I pulled away quickly. “Eww no! Cooties! Boy germs!”

He narrowed his eyes but grinned before he put his lips on mine again, muttering against them, “Well deal with it. It’s not contagious. Besides, I should be worried of girl germs.”