chapter 5

Credits for the cover go to nagapriya

I hope you like this chapter, and guys please vote for the story.

Shanaya's POV

"Shanaya this marriage can't work out, my parents forced me into this marriage, I wasn't even given a choice so we will divorce as soon as the project is over." Karthik said all of that in one go, while picking his clothes from the cupboard, actually walk in cupboard. But how could he say this.

"Karthik even I didn't get a choice, even I was forced into this marriage, but why can't this marriage work? We can at least try and get it to work." I tried to keep my calm and asked him.

"Listen Shanaya THAT IS NONE OF YOU BUSINESS, I just know that this marriage will not work out and I need a FU***NG DIVORCE." He yelled on me. I gathered some courage and looked into his eyes which had gone red due to the anger and said trying hard to control my tears "at least give me reason, please."

"Get one thing straight, we are married only for the joint venture we are having between both our companies. Don't expect anything from me I really hate you, thanks to you and this contract I couldn't get married to Kavya she is the love of my life. You know Kavya right Kavya Kapoor the actress, I love her, and it's only her who deserves me, she is so much better than you, actually she can't even be compared to you."

He then continued I couldn't even react it hurt me hard "Shanaya we will divorce after one year and six months as the contract ends then. NOW GET LOST AND DON'T SHOW ME YOUR FACE." Karthik said all that so easily what does he think things are so simple?

"GET LOST" I flinched due to his shouting, with tears rolling down my cheeks, I left his room not wanting to create a scene, and went to another room.

My life is just so messed up. I don't even know what the hell do I do. This is my life not some movie, that anything can be done anytime. But I had to get this marriage to work, my mom had taught this to me that if one messed it up, the other sorts it. With determination in my mind and tears flowing down, I went off to sleep, wondering what was in store for me for tomorrow.

Karthik's POV

Finally I told the truth to Shanaya, I didn't want to shout at her, but she dragged the topic and didn't let go of it so I shouted on her, and told stuff I didn't intend to. Anyways who cares, I just hope she go the point, or I will have to be much more harsher and rude to her.

Then I called up Kavya and asked, "hey babe how did your shoot go?" "It went well, Karthik did you talk to that bit*h Shanaya?" "Yes Kavya I did, don't worry." " Karthik can I meet you now, I know it's late but I just want to meet you, I miss you a lot, and I haven't met you since two days." "Ya sure I will pick you up in sometime, you get ready."

I left my room, took my keys and left to meet Kavya.

Next day

Shanaya's POV

I woke up at five AM, and WHERE THE HELL am I, I saw my Tali, and realisation struck to me, I am married and am at Karthik's place. Then I remembered everything he told yesterday night. But I can't loose hope, I will get this marriage to work. With determination in mind I left for the gym.

I returned back in an hour and a half, had bath, got ready, and went to make breakfast. That's when the bell rang, I opened it and was shocked, it was ma and papa( this is what Shanaya calls Karthik's parents). They came in and asked for Karthik, I had no idea where he was, but thankfully he came out himself. "So how was your night?" Asked ma, Karthik pulled me by my waist and said" it was great." I was shocked yesterday he was shouting on me and insulting me and right now he is so calm, is he bipolar or something. "It's only acting so that my parents don't get suspicious." Karthik said that, and it cleared my doubts.

"Good, anyways we want the two of you to go on a honeymoon to Paris", said papa. The two of us tried to protest but all went in vain. So it was decided that we were going to Paris tomorrow. "Oh and dinner today at our place as Ruchit and Meera will have to leave for USA in two days", said ma.

Once they left Karthik glared at me then he ringed up someone and said, "get ready we are going to Paris." I was confused, " because you could not convince Amma Appa to not send us to Paris, I have asked Kavya to join us, anyways we haven't gone out together for a long time now, so we will go together to Paris and from there you can do whatever you like, and we will do whatever we like, no further discussion on this." He said that and walked away, how could he do this to me, I am his wife legally, he can't just do this to me, but there was no point arguing he is not going to agree. Now let's see what happens in Paris. I had taken a leave today so I chilled out at the swimming pool, and later was sitting to ahve lunch. That's when I got an message from an unknown number.

Unknown- I will pick you up at 7:30pm

Me- who is this??

Unknown- Your so called husband

Me- oh sorry I didn't know it's you, I will be ready.

Karthik- good be ready, if you are late you will have to come on your own.

I saved his number and slept for sometime.

Let's see what does Karthik do in Paris and how does Shanaya tackle it. Till then take care, and vote 😊