chapter 16

I know that I am posting this chapter late, but I had Onam celebration, and house warming ceremony too. Anyways here is the chapter, hope you like it.

Shanaya's POV

Now it was time for part two, of the plan, making an Instagram and Snapchat post with the caption, 'date with the best!' I posted the picture of the candle light dinner.

(The photo she posted)

I made sure not to post our faces, as all my family member(young people) and Karthik's family members follow me. This post was only made for Karthik as I know he goes through his social media accounts at this time, and he is the only one for whom this post was made.

We quickly had our dinner, and headed home. Then I rang the bell, and was waiting for Karthik to open the door. Soon he did open the door. "Bye Shanaya I had a lot of fun with you" said Dhruv, "ya same here, bye good night" I replied to Dhruv and saw Karthik's face which was fuming with anger. "Okay bye Dhruv it's really late YOU SHOULD LEAVE." said Karthik finally, and stretched on 'you should leave.'

Dhruv left and Karthik shut the door with a thud. Then he glared at me, but I ran away quickly.

Karthik's POV

What the effing hell! She went on a date with that jerk. She didn't even inform me, what is wrong with her. I don't even know why on earth is this effecting me so much. That post she made, was terrible. It made my blood boil.

She came home by 10:45, and even after I opened the door the two of them were busy in their talks. So I politely yet sternly asked him to leave.

I was about to talk to her but she ran away to her room. I was about to follow her but then my phone rang, it was Kavya. I spoke to her for sometime and then she had some work so she left.

Then I had to prepare a presentation for one of our projects so I started working on that.

Now I am trying to sleep, but I am not able to understand what is happening to me. Why does Shanaya's hanging out with other guys effect me so much. I brushed off my thoughts and forced myself to sleep.

Next Day

I did my daily routine, and went down to find Shanaya already sitting on the dinning table and chatting with someone. I felt a sudden urge to see who she is chatting with, and she won't even know I checked, after all she was sitting with her back towards me.

To my shock she was chatting with DHRUV! What the hell, does she not have any other friends to chat with. Why that complete nut case idiot. I mean what is there in that guy, and why is she smiling so much after reading his message, ugh... this is so irritating.

I went and sat in front of her, and she didn't even notice! So I cleared my throat. "Oh hi good morning" she finally noticed me and said. "Good morning" I replied back. Soon we finished our breakfast and left for our respective offices.

Shanaya's POV

The third part of the plan was also accomplished. Karthik noticed me chatting with Dhruv. I knew he was behind me, and then I deliberately acted as if I was really engrossed in chatting with Dhruv.

He was really irritated seeing me chat with Dhruv, and even when I returned from the so called date I had with Dhruv, Karthik was really pissed off on me, and importantly on Dhruv. I am sure he would have pushed Dhruv out of the house or would have called security, if he wouldn't have left soon, and he was jealous, yes!!! So till now all three plans were successful.

We both left for our offices, I had a lot of back to back meetings, so I didn't know how the day passed away in a jiffy.

Now I am standing outside my house trying to find my keys, finally I found it.

I entered the house only to listen to some muffled voices, I went closer to listen to what was being told, and I was shocked.

Any guesses about what did Shanaya hear, and if you liked the chapter please vote. Till then take care 😊 oh and happy Onam.