chapter 31

Hey guys, I am back with another chapter, I hope you like it. If you do please do vote, it literally takes a minute, so please do vote.

Shanaya's POV

My company had finally got the deal, and so had Dhruv's and karthik's. We had all worked very hard on this. I was super happy.

Right now I am sitting in my room, just then there was a knock on my door. I went opened the door, it was Karthik! What is he doing over here??? Ask him, said my subconscious mind.

"Umm... Hi Shanaya, I know you are surprised to see me here. I actually came here to ask you if you wanted to come out with me?" Karthik asked me, I do wanted to go out with him but I wasn't feeling well.

So I told him, "actually Karthik I would have loved to come out with you, but I am really tired and am having a slight headache, and fever too. So as of now I would like to sleep for sometime, but we could go out some other time. I am sorry, I hope you can understand." I told him, only I knew how difficult it was to decline going out with him.

"Oh it's okay, do you want me to stay with you?" He asked, worry was clearly seen on his face. "You know what I will just stay with you." He told me without waiting for my awnser. I felt happy, that he was going to stay with me. I mean don't all wives like it if their husbands are there with them to take care of them.

So I agreed, well this also didn't mean I forgive him, and I was bored also Dhruv had to go out for an urgent meeting. He came in the room and closed the door.

"Shanaya have you eaten something?" He asked me, I nodded. "Okay so then you have a medicine, and then go off to sleep." He told me, I again nodded. He then went out, which I don't know why. He returned in five minutes, with the medicine. Oh he had gone to get me medicines.

He then got me glass of water and gave me the tablet. I agreed tablet's, "Karthik please I don't want to have a tablet, can I get settled syrup or something. Please no tablets." I told him, I completely hated tablets and was scared of them too.

"Arey Shanaya it's only a tablet, take it you will feel better, and anyways why do you not want to take the tablet?" He asked me, "first promise me you won't laugh at me." I asked him and he nodded, "when I was fourteen or something, the tablet got stuck in my throat. So since then I am kind of scared of taking tablets."

Karthik started laughing, "karthik.....you promised me not to laugh." I started cribbing and hiting him not very hard on his chest. This is the first time I am actually touching him. "Acha okay, I am sorry, but seriously you are scared of taking tablets?" He asked me, I glared at him, "okay now you above grown up right, so now trust me the tablet will not get stuck in your throat, okay??? I will be right here if anything happens I will handle it, but I am sure nothing will happen, now you take the medicine." He tried convincing me, "pakka promise, nothing will happen?" I asked him, he nodded his head in assurance.

I slowly took the medicine form his hand out it in my mouth took a huge gulp of water and swallowed it down my throat. I made sure that I took a lot of water. "See nothing happened, now you go and sleep." I nodded and went to sleep, with a smile.

After I don't know how long I heard someone call my name, I woke up it was karthik. "Shanaya go freshen up, you yet have fever. Once you come out have your dinner and then take your medicines and then go off to sleep." I nodded, I was feeling really drowsy, the dosage of the medicine was strong really strong.

I went to the washroom washed my face and came out. Karthik was there with the dinner. He signed me to sit on the couch, I went and sat. He then served me food, "you won't eat?" I asked him, "no I and a lot of coffee sometime ago, so I am not hungry right now. I will eat later", he told me, I nodded.

I ate only a little, and then kept the plate, "Shanaya finish the food" karthik told me. "Karthik I am full now, please I don't want to eat it now." I tried telling, actually convincing him. "Shanaya it's because of your fever you are feeling like this, and the dosage of your medicine is really strong, please finish your food, and tomorrow I have called the doctor. But please finish the food." Karthik also tried convincing me. But I was adamant on not eating the food.

So karthik came next to me, "okay fine I will feed you, cause you won't eat on your own will you?" Before I could tell anything karthik said "Shanaya chalo open your mouth." I quickly opened my mouth. Like this I finished my food, then karthik gave me medicines and I went off to sleep. This was a change and a nice one in Karthik.

I felt really happy when he cared so much for me today.

So that was the chapter please do vote. I hope you liked the time Karthik and Shanaya spent, but but but that doesn't mean Shanaya has forgiven Karthik. Anyways take care and wait for my next update 😊