chapter 38

Hey guys sorry for the delay, I am traveling so I couldn't update, sorry, anyways please do vote. The chapter is in edited so let me know if there are some errors.

Shanaya's POV

I knew exactly what to do, I called up by bestie Ansh.
The phone conversation
Shanaya-S
Ansh-A

S-hi Ansh, are you free
A-finally you got time for your friend, intact best friend?
S-sorry Yaar, I was very caught up, we will for sure meet tomorrow. For now you tell me are you free?
A-first you tell me, pakka na we will meet tomorrow?
S-yup pakka we will meet tomorrow, and chill out okay, but you know we just met today.
A-ya but then we have to compansate for all the days we didn't meet!
S-okay done, now you tell me are you free?
A-okay i will inform Ritika and yup I am free, bol kya kaam hai(tell me what do you want me to do?)
S-I am sending you a girls number I need you to flirt with her for like half an hour
A-WHAT! Have you lost it? Flirt with a girl I don't even know, I have a girlfriend you know right?
S-OMG! Ansh relax I know you have a girlfriend, and you just have to flirt on the phone, you don't have to meet her. You can do this much for me, I am your best friend, please, pretty please.
A-fine, forward me the number, I will do it, but what will I talk about actually flirt about for half an hour?
S-thank you so much, and you have to flirt the way you used to in the USA.
A-fine, stop taunting me, forward the number.
S-Thanks, I love you for this, and we will meet tomorrow for sure.
A-hmm bye

I quickly sent Ansh the number, and then I went to the living room. Soon Sara got a call, and I knew it was Ansh. I thanked Ansh in my heart. I know I was jealous of Sara, but what can I do? Karthik is my husband and I truly love him. It's hard to get over it.

Sometimes I feel that I should forgive him, but then I remember how Karthik betrayed me, and how I tried to get our marriage to work, I remember how Karthik asked for divorce as soon as the one and a half years are over. Somewhere deep down, my heart is scared of trusting Karthik again. What if he leaves me again? What if he betrays me again? What do some other girl comes in his life? A lot of what ifs keep coming to my mind when I think about forgiving him.

Breaking someone's trust is like crumpling up a perfect peace of paper. You can smooth it over but it's never going to be the same again. It is very difficult for me forgive Karthik though I can see him trying his best to win my trust. But I am human and more importantly a girl. I left my home my parents and even my surname and middle name for Karthik. I was ready to give him my soul, but what did he do?

"Shanaya come let's have dinner" ma calling out for me got me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head and went to have dinner. The servants were serving, then I noticed that Sara is not here yet. Wow Ansh you have good flirting skills. I am surely giving him a party tomorrow.

I went and sat next to Karthik, when we were half way through our dinner did Sara come. Then she looked towards me and stared at me with stare, and had the look of
how-could-she! Ya bit*h I can I am his wife! I had this great urge to tell this to her, but then I took this wise decision of keeping quiet and sitting down.

Soon we and all finished our dinner, and were ready to leave. Thankfully right now Sara didn't cling onto Karthik, he was so relieved. I am happy to know that Karthik doesn't want Sara near him. But I can't yet trust him right now.

I was going to leave in my act when someone pulled me, and I hit something. I looked up and saw, that something to be my husband. "Shanaya it's quick late we will go together" he told me. "Karthik I need to take my car, and I have travelled alone many times. Even when you weren't here and were in the US I have travelled." I told Karthik and then I realized what all audiences I told in the flow.

He was clearly hurt with what I told, but he quickly hid his hurt. "Shanaya doesn't matter, now I am here, you are coming with me. I will ask one of the drivers to pick your car form here and drop it home." He didn't wait for me to respond, and took me toward s his car, actually dragged me.

There was a weird silence between is all the time. It want even awkward nor was it comfortable, but it was something I'm between both of them.

Soon we reached home, I went to my room, and Karthik went to his room after wishing me good night. I changed into comfortable PJ's and
t-shirt and dumped myself on the bed. I was thinking about Karthik, and don't know when sleep took over me.

********************
One month later

Tomorrow is our marriage anniversary. But thinks between us is yet not smooth. Sara yet hasn't left chasing and clinging onto Karthik, he is trying his best to stay away form her. Intact he asked his security people to stop Sara, but that girl scared those guys too.

Karthik's POV

God this Sara has made me go crazy, why can't she not leave me. I tried very hard to not be ride with her. But today I have had enough. Today I am going to stop Sara, if that means I have to be rude to her, and show her who is the true Karthik Iyer, then be it.

There comes in ms. trouble, aka Sara. "Hey Karthik I was thinking that we should go out together today, what say?" Okay so now I shave to tell her the truth.

"No umm.. Sara I am kind of busy sorry." I told her, let's hope she understands and leaves. "Oh come on Karthik, please you can spare so much time."

"Sara I am married,and I don't like you clinging onto me. It makes me feeling very uncomfortable, and now that you know I am married please stop clinging onto me. I hope you get it!" I told her in a stern tone.

"Karthik I am not clinging onto you, unlike you, and it's okay for me even if you are married." She told me, this it I have had enough.

"Sara cut the crap. I don't like hanging out with you, I don't like you clinging onto me. Even if you don't have any problems with it, I do. Get this right I am married, and I have a very nice wife. Plus you are only a client to me. Let's please maintain a professional relationship, and just for you to know Shanaya is my wife I am very happy being with her. Please stop all this nonsense, I am not liking it. Now please leave of you don't have anything to tell em that is related to work." I told her in a little high pitch.

She stared at me with shock and then she left. I took a deep breath and settled on my chair. I felt someone's gaze on me, I turned it was Shanaya, she had a smile on her face. I was about to talk to her but she left. Why was she smiling?

So that's it for today, I hope you like it. If you do please vote, and keep guessing about what happens next.... Take care and I will try and post soon😊