chapter 26

Hey guys I am back with a new chapter. I hope you like it, and there won't be any update tomorrow, but if I do get some time in between I will update. But on Monday, for sure there will be an update.

Karthik's POV

Shanaya hasn't come back home yet, it's been a week since she has left for Bali. She doesn't pick up any of my calls, nor does she reply to any of my messages. I actually feel really very bad, but then this is what I also did when I went to USA. I didn't even inform her, not even by a social media notification.

There were pictures of her having gone to Tanah lit, it's a island temple in Bali. Then of her having visited Goa gajah, it's a cave full of ancient carvings. Then there was one of her having gone to mount batur, she had posted a picture after she reached the top. The last one was of her visit to Bali Safari and marine park.

All her pictures, well most of them Dhruv was around her. That guy is such an ass, if I can I will get to Bali right now and beat him blue and black. He completely deserves it, I won't even regret it a bit later, nor will I feel guilty!

I have actually missed Shanaya's presence at home. Thankfully I could manage the situation when my parents came home, as I knew where Shanaya was. I didn't even know that they were going to come home, at that moment I felt what Shanaya would have felt when she would have had to make excuses when I wasn't there, and she didn't even know where I was for quite a long time.

I had made a plan to make up for what had happened in our honeymoon, but for that Shanaya needs to come home. The plan is really very simple, but hard to execute. Shanaya and I will go to Paris, I anyways have a meeting there for two days and then Shanaya and I will go around Paris.

This will be possible because both our companies need to go there, and I know Shanaya will be the one who will be going as her father is in USA managing another project and her brother is in Australia. So it is Shanaya who will go, and her name is already written in the delegates list.

The bell rang and I came out of my chain of thoughts. I went to open the door, and Shanaya was standing there! I let her in and then I started off, " why didn't you inform me? I would have let you go with your friends. But why was Dhruv so close to you in all your pictures?" I don't know how but the third question also slipped out of my mouth.

" Cause I didn't think it was that important after all even you go without informing me." Shanaya told me bluntly, "what do you mean you didn't think it was important?" My pitch was higher then I wanted it to, but I was angry how could she tell something like that.

"Now I have started to inform you." I added that too, "ya right one time you inform me and you think you have informed me a lot of times, and when you can just vanish without informing email, then why can't I, and I am sure you knew where I was, I hadn't left you that clueless, and why should I inform you?"

"God Shanaya I am sorry for having not informed you and have gone to USA. I will not do that ever again, and you should have informed me because I am your husband for god's sake!" I told her, my pitch was also high, I was really frustrated.

" Really where was this husband eight when you left me alone in Paris? Where was it when you left me and went away to US? Whee was it when you ignored me? Do you even know how lonely I felt all this time? I couldn't share with anything with anyone, not even my ama and appa, because I didn't want them to get worried about how terrible and off track our relationship is. Why do you suddenly want to become that husband every girl wishes for? When a girl gets married she leaves he house, she changes her gotram( it's like a sub cast in tamilian culture, I don't know properly sorry), she leaves her house, she leaves her parents, she makes her husband's family hers, she sometimes changes her surname too. She does all of this but she expects something's too, they aren't even that hard. She wants her in-laws to love her the way her parents did. She wants her husband by her side, she wants him to be with her through he ups and downs, she wants to believe that her husband will be there for her no matter what, she wants to believe that he won't leave her." She told me, I was quietly listening.

Then she continued, "in our marriage I did everything, my in-laws gave me a lot of love. But my husband, he was never there by my side. I could have easily cried about how terrible my fate is, but no I decided to fight it, I wanted this marriage to work. I continued my work at office, but side by side I also worked on getting our marriage to work. But you kept spoiling all my efforts, yet i didn't give up, but then after a limit I had given up, I lost all hopes form our marriage, yet I wanted you to know the truth of Kavya. Now when you don't have Kavya by your side you want me to be the, that is why you want me to be your wife. You know what is the biggest thing, I love you even after all of this, but I will get over it one day." Shanaya told me, tears were flowing from her cheeks, without waiting for me to awnser she left.

I sat on the sofa, her words kept playing in my mind. I felt terrible for being this big a jerk.

So that was the chapter hope you liked it, I really thought a confrontation chapter was needed for Karthik to realise what was going on. I will try and post tomorrow, anyways till then take care 😊

And.....

I am soooo happy, thanks guys keep voting, silent reader also

I am soooo happy, thanks guys keep voting, silent reader also. This would not have been possible without you guys, love you'll a lot, thanks!!!