chapter 14

Hey guys, I hope all of you are doing well, anyways here goes the next chapter.

Shanaya's POV

The host announced our name, I was nervous and happy at the same time. Nervous because I was dancing with Karthik, and happy because this was another step closer to getting our marriage to work, and Kavya was feeling terrible, I could clearly see that on her face. But who cares, Karthik is my husband.

(Guys I am really sorry, but I am not able to imagine what steps are there in a couple dance even though I have learnt Kathak Bhartnatyam and Ballet, I even saw a few videos, but I am just not able to get the steps, sorry. So I will just write about the feelings. But I will try and describe the dance.)

We were dancing on the song nazm nazm(the YouTube video is posted up), and I was feeling out of the world, and a little nervous. Karthik's hand was on my waist and we were doing slow salsa, and swaying ourselves. There were all sorts of emotions that were blasting in my mind, heart and body. Soon the dance came to an end, and I hated that, I so wish that the moment could have freezed there.

Then I don't know why but I felt this sudden urge to see Kavya's face, and it was hilarious. After our dance the oldies danced, which included ma papa, chitti chitapa(uncle aunt) and atte Atimber (uncle aunt Krutika's parents). They danced really well.

Then a few people from the groom's family did a dance, which included Kavya.

Then Meera, Ruchit, Karthik, Ananya, Vedant(Karthik's cousin's, kids of his chitti chitapa) and I did a dance on Nachde. After half the song, we pulled everyone on the stage and everyone was dancing

Soon all the dancing was done, everyone went to eat. I went to speak to Dhruv, we spoke for quite sometime, and then I went and had my dinner.

The function came to an end, we headed home, and went off to sleep, as tomorrow is the marriage and we were all really tired.

Next day

I woke up before Karthik had my bath and went to check on Krutika.

(Shanaya's saree)

Meera was already there and so was Ananya. We got her ready and by 5:45. The makeup artist and hairstylist did most of the work we just got her to wear the saree.

 The makeup artist and hairstylist did most of the work we just got her to wear the saree