chapter 12

I had sometime left with me before going to study, so I thought that I could update the story. Do vote if you like it.

Karthik's POV

Finally Shanaya is back, we had an  argument on the whole Goa incident. But then we both dropped the conversation, but I didnt understand why my US trip was included in all this. I didn't think much about it went of to sleep, after talking to Kavya.

Later today while having breakfast, Amma called Shanaya, and called us home. As we have to help in atte's daughter and my sister, Krutika's marriage preparation. Krutika is a really fun sister to have.

Then when we were leaving, I went and waited for Shanaya near my Jeep compass, and was going through my mail, when I saw Shanaya go towards her car, what nonsense, so I went irritated her a bit and then got her to sit in my car.

At the moment we are sitting and finalising the functions, cause the guys mom is a Punjabi, though the family is tamilian. The guys mom wants the marriage to be Punjabi style, as he is her only son, but that is so not happening. My atte and Amma, were not letting that happen. So we came up with a solution to have all the Punjabi functions and then the marriage will be Tamil Bhramin style. After all the guys family was also south Indian. So now we will even have Sangeet and mehandi.

Finally this is done, and Meera and Ruchit will be here tomorrow, I missed them, I didn't meet the in USA because I didn't want unnecessary conversations. Now all my family members are trying to convince Shanaya and me to do a couple dance for the Sangeet function. "Ma but that is not needed, we can call a few good dancers and they can do all of this dancing, we don't need to." Said Shanaya, "exactly, we don't need to." I agreed with Shanaya. But Amma and my family won, and now we have to do the couple dance, and we are supposed to learn this dance in two days, because today is Mehandi, and day after is Sangeet. My family has lost it officially. They are acting like a group of teenagers, they are so good damn excited for our performance.

The rest of the day went on the preparations for tomorrows function.

At night we stayed back, because Amma has told that till the marriage is over we will stay here and our clothes also has been got here.

Now I am trying to convince Shanaya to sleep on the bed, and let me sleep on the couch, I was doing this cause I have already ignored her for six months. So this much can be done, but this girl will just not listen to me. She is so stubborn, "Shanaya I am telling you the last time to sleep on the bed, or else." I warned her, "no I won't sleep, and or else what ?"

I didn't say anything, I went to her and asked her, "so you won't sleep on the bed?" She nodded her head, so I picked her up, she gasped, and started hitting me and said, "you idiot put me down, please, put down." I dropped her on the bed and went quickly to the couch and have a smirk to her, and went off to sleep.

Next day

In the morning all of us were doing the preparations for the marriage, and then I had a video conference, with some clients. Ruchit and Meera would be here by evening.

Later I had had a bath in the evening, and got ready in Indian clothes, and went downstairs.

(The dress Karthik wore)

As soon as I went down Ruchit and Meera pounced on me. Man these two are heavy. "Get off me the two of you" I told them but they gave me a deaf ear.

We were all waiting​ for the ladies of the family, except for Meera, as she was right here, teasing me. Soon Shanaya came down, and I have to agree she was looking really beautiful, "Bhai shut you mouth something might go in." Said Meera and Ruchit chuckled. I glared at them, and by then Shanaya was standing next to Meera and they somehow started talking about Hollywood actors, and how hot they are. Man Shanaya is really weird, suddenly both Meera and Shanaya shrieked making Ruchit and me scared. "What happened?" I asked them, "a guy in the serial Suits just posted his photo on Instagram, and he looks really cute." Replied Shanaya, and Meera nodded. Ruchit and I have them a are-you-serious look.

Soon we reached the hall, and Krutika got settled and Meera was with her. Where as Shanaya is attending to our guests. I could notice all guys look at her, well she looked really nice. I felt a little weird which I don't know why so i went and stood beside her.

 I felt a little weird which I don't know why so i went and stood beside her

(Shanaya's dress)

Seeing me beside her, slot of guys sure felt bad. I could see that on their faces, and i again don't know why but I felt relaxed.

Then suddenly something shocking happened, Kavya was there. I figured out that the guys mom and Kavya's mom are best friends. So both of them were here. I could see Rehan glaring at her and Shanaya just staring at her with shock, and rest of my family stood clueless.

I went to Kavya and pulled her aside thankfully no one noticed. I felt good once I met her, I couldn't really meet her since I came back from USA due to our busy schedules. We talked for a while and then I joined back our family.

But as soon as I came I got another shock, Shanaya was hugging a guy and laughing! What the hell! I am right here and that guy has kept one hand on her waist, my blood boiled. I didn't know what happened to me, I just felt this sudden right of possessiveness. But before I could do something, Rehan and Ruchit came and took me away.

I couldn't take my eyes off Shanaya and that guy. They kept talking and laughing, and my blood kept boiling. Did Shanaya forget that she has to attend other guests too. I had enough so I went to them, and introduced myself as Shanaya's husband. Shanaya stared at me as if was some ghost or something. Then I dragged her away from there, but before coming with me she told that guy that they will meet soon, now that they had each others number.

"Who was that guy Shanaya?" I asked in an irritated tone. "Why do I tell you, are you jealous." She asked me only irritating me more, "Shanaya shut up and tell me!" I told her, "how do I tell you just told shut up." She again passed an irritating comment, "Shanaya..." "Fine fine, he was a old school friend of mine, he is the guys friend. We met after long, we had lost contact after school."

Hmm, I was yet irritated, but anyways I got Shanaya to sit with Meera and Krutika and went and joined Ruchit and Rehan.

So that was the chapter, if you like it please vote. Now I will make a post on the 31st of August. Till then take care 😊