Chapter 19: Duet

Isabel's POV

Niall parked the car behind a tall building. He said that this is where they record songs but they can come to sing their heart out. It's good to know that I'm really not the only one who needs peace on the face of Mother Nature for now. Niall needs it too.

My phone rang in my pocket while I was hopping out of the car.

I guess Michael can't wait to know where the hell I am?

I looked throught my phone while walking behind Niall heading towards the building.

Unknown Number: Hey, Just checking up on you. How are you? -Harry x

I'm shocked. Harry? Being nice? What's with the world now? Upside down eh?

I saved his number and slid my phone back in my pocket. I'm not going to talk to him since He haven't apologised for being rude and inappropriate.

Niall headed talked to some secretary and four guards surrounded us leading to the main building. I don't know why, Niall seemed used to it so why ask?

When we arrived at the Recording Room. My heart stopped. This is huge. I can't even imagine the boys hanging out here and sing their heart out. This will literally take them to another world.

Niall put his hand on my back. He always notice my emotions. Am I really that obvious? Or It's just Niall who can see my soul?

The guards walked out of the room, leaving Niall and I alone.

"Now, you can sing." Niall sat on the sofa. I looked around and I can see every instrument that I don't play. I'm looking for something I could play.

Then I saw a piano behind the microphone set. I approached it and sat on the chair. Niall was just smiling. Do I look funny?

"You wanna join?" I invited Niall. He seems so happy today.

"If it's okay then yes." Niall stood up and walked.

He sat down beside me. He picked the guitar near us and started to strum.

"We could sing Avery's cover." I tell him. He furrowed his eyebrows and I just chuckled. I guess He doesn't know who the heck is Avery and what's the cover.

I took a deep breath and started to play the piano.

" My heart's a stereo

It beats for you, so listen close

Hear my thoughts in every note

Make me your radio

And turn me up when you feel low

This melody was meant for you

Just sing along to my stereo.."

I looked at him while playing. He's eyes lit up like a bulb and started to play his guitar.

" If I was just another dusty record on the shelve

Will you blow me off and play me like everybody else

If I ask you to scratch my back, could you manage that

Like it read well, check it Travie, I can handle that

Furthermore, I apologize for any skipping tracks

This the last girl that play me left a couple cracks

I used to used to used to used to, now I'm over that

Cause holding grudges over love is ancient artifacts