THIRTY-THREE

...

I jumped up gasping. My hand went to the spot he hit me and I was expecting to feel pain, but no. I looked around and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You okay?"

I shook my head 'no' and I stared at him with wide eyes.

He sat up and went to walk towards me but I scooted back. "You're supposed to be dead." I said softly.

His eyebrows furrowed and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Okay Ever, just because you passed out doesn't mean that I would die when you wake up. What makes you think I died?"

"It seemed so real." I said as I looked away from him and gripped my hair.

"You okay?" His hand touched my leg under the blanket. I looked up to him and he still had his eyebrows furrowed.

"You were dead. He shot you. He came in here and shot you. Right there." I scooted towards him and pointed at his chest and then pointed to the middle of his eyes. "You were shot dead. In front of me Edward. You died right in front of me." I said as tears fell down my face.

He pulled me into a hug and I couldn't help but hold him tight. I sobbed into his shirt and I held his shirt tight in my closed fist. He rubbed my back and I shook with each sob. "I'm okay Ever. I'm right here. You can feel me. I'm alive. Place your ear on my chest." He whispered softly in my ear.

And I did. I slowly moved my ear towards his chest and continued to sob. "Hear that? You hear my heart? It's beating. It's beating so it means I'm breathing and I'm alive. I'll be alive as long as my heart stops beating. Okay? And my heart won't stop beating for a while. I promise you that."

I only nodded my head and continued to sob into his chest.

******

"Woah, what happened to you princess?" He asked as he walked in with his sweater hanging in his left shoulder. Vincenzo followed after him and looked at me with a raised eyebrow while closing the door.

"Nothing." I said as I drank the water they gave me. I didn't eat what they brought me. One, because I wasn't hungry, and two, it just didn't look good to me.

"You need to eat Mai before we leave." Vincenzo said as he leaned against the wall watching me with his vibrant green eyes.

"I'm not hungry-"

"I don't care if you are or not. You're eating. You're not going on the plane with a empty stomach." He said while his eyes were looking for my face to change. He raised an eyebrow waiting for me to answer something stupid but I didn't. I looked down and played with my hands.

"Just let her be for awhile. She's probably not hungry because of all the gases they used on her in the surgery." I heard Edward say.

I looked up to where the water was sitting on and looked at the tray of food. I looked at everything they had and the only thing I would try would be the jello. Fine. I'll eat something. I'll eat jello. My hand reached out in front of me and grabbed the red container and grabbed the spoon next to it. I ripped off the wrapper on the plastic spoon and ripped off the wrapper covering the jello.

I pushed the spoon in the jello and grabbed a decent amount of it and placed it in my mouth. It was some what cold but I forced myself to chew it and swallow it. I looked up to Vincenzo and I see him staring at me with his arms across his chest and his hat is casting a shadow over his eyes. He looks mean and dark, but I know somewhere deep in side he has a soft side.

You just have to find it, and make him not lock it up again. I placed the spoon again in the jello and forced myself to open my mouth and stuff the jello in my mouth. I forced myself to chew it and swallow it. He just stared at me as I was practically throwing a fit about eating.

Tears rimed my eyes and I shook my head. "That's all I'm eating. I want to leave now. Please." I said as I placed the half empty container on the desk thing and stared at him.

I saw his jaw clench and he was about to say something but Ricardo beat him. "Damn princess, why you got to be so damn extra?? It was just jello. You could've just hacked it down in one gulp." He laughed.

I looked over him and glared at him. "Shut up."

He laughed, "its true, you just made a big oh deal about eating a small container of jello. I'm pretty sure I could've finished that in two bites." He smirked.

"That's you. That's not me." I narrowed my eyes at him.

He shrugged his shoulders, "you can always practice on something." He said as he winked.

He then got punched in the side by Edward and he looked over to him with a glare. "You're a fûckin horn dog. Go fûckin beat your fûckin dîck somewhere else."

"You can sûck my dîck."

"Shut up. Both of you. Go get the doctor or nurse. Both of you. Call Leo to have the plane ready." Vincenzo said as he looked over to them.

Edward rolled his eyes but didn't say anything but just stood up and gave me a smile and walked out. Ricardo glared at Edward as he walked out but winked at me and when he walked past Vincenzo he slapped his chest and ran out of the room before Vincenzo can lay a finger on him.

I smiled and shook my head when the door slammed behind him. I looked to Vincenzo and I see him pushing himself off the wall and walking towards me and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What happened Mai. Tell me. Tell me everything that made you cry. Tell me."

******

I'm so sorry this is super duper late.

But I got sick really bad and I kept sleeping when I was trying to edit and wrote this. I was crying in bed because I was in so much pain.

But I was trying to write this and edit it as much as I can but now I can barely think of a word because the pain is just too much for me.

I'm sorry that it's not long as you expected it to be. :(

Book Ig: friesbeforeguy101

Anyway see you guys soon!!
SS

Anyway see you guys soon!!SS