SIXTY-EIGHT

The dress

Ever

I mean I wanted to argue more but clearly I'm too sensitive. I sighed while taking a deep breath in while pulling my hair back into a nice ponytail and the exhaling while I tightened my hair. I ran my hands over my eyes while slightly rubbing them. I made my ways towards the bathroom and decided to pull myself together and make myself look decent for once.

I began the water as I placed my hand gently under the water, testing if the water was hot enough for my liking. I began to undress and I stared at the mirror but then looked at the closed door behind me. I decided to lock it, I don't need anyone interrupting my time by myself. I pulled down the perfect ponytail I just made for no reason and made my way towards the shower. I washed and shaved everything hoping to feel a bit better of myself. I finished up and turned off the showerhead and gently placed my foot outside of the shower and made my way towards the mirror trying to see at least a bit of myself in the fog.

I decided it was best I didn't look at myself and tightly held the towel around my frame, walking out towards the bedroom. Vincenzo was there looking at the door opening as I walked out. He was laying on his back on the bed as his eyes watched me. I saw a dress above his head laying perfectly on the pillows. The nice rose gold sparkled as the shiny lining of the dress made it so beautiful. My eyes made it back towards his, which were already staring at mine. I felt my ears starting to heat up. Even though he looks at me all the time, I can't seem to find myself ever getting used at how his eyes make me feel or even feel the slightly uncomfort from them.

"Are you just going to be staring at me?" I asked as I made my way towards the closet, turning my back towards him so I can't see his eyes anymore. I heard him shift but I didn't want to look over my shoulder because I already know his moves. My hands opened the door quickly, "I mean I can't stare at you anymore? Is it a problem for you now?" My breathing got choked up, but I tried to remain fine. "I never said that." My hands found themselves looking through his clothes to find something to wear. I was reaching towards a black t-shirt, but his hand wrapped around my wrist and turned me towards the left. I still never understand how he can be so stealthy around me after so many months being together.

"Clearly it's a problem you're trying to say." He said as he still held my wrist. I was holding the towel in my other hand as I felt it holding it tighter than ever. He tilts his head waiting for my response. I was trying to find words to reply but I got caught up just staring right back at him. His face remains blank, " We're going out in an hour. I bought you a dress, do your hair, I'll bring one of the other girls with makeup if you want that." His hand quickly letting go of my wrist as he quickly pushes down my other hand making the towel fall down.

My jaw clenched knowing if I tried to cover myself he'll just end up pinning me on the wall closest to us. His eyebrow raised, surprised I didn't move or even say anything. His arm snaked around my waist pulling me close to his chest, "I left a thong under the dress. I would like you to wear that and noticed that there is no bra there." He leaned down to my ear, " Don't wear anything else, Mai." He kisses my neck ever so softly and quickly made his way out. " I'll be back in an hour or so." He says as the door closes behind him.

My head turns to look at the dress, I sigh while bending back down to grab the towel.

*****

One of the girls came in and asked me if I wanted the makeup and I said yes, but I asked kindly if I was the one who can do my look today. She smiled as she gave me her bag of products; she kindly agreed but before she left she told me I didn't need it. She left, leaving me alone; I was back in the bathroom and I decided to slick back my hair and pull it into a low bun. I looked at the dress on the bed on the reflection of the mirror and back into the bag of her makeup. The foundation was too light for me, so I couldn't really use it. I found an eyeshadow pallet which had soft nude colors. I decided to use that one and just use a soft look to my eyes. As I finished that up I found some eyeliner and made some wings on my eyes. I pulled out the foundation once more and used it as a concealer for the dark bags under my eyes.