THIRTY-EIGHT

He can't be dead...can he??

~Edward~

"Well from all that I can get from right now, he's not in that area anymore." He said. He then looked over to the other computer, "I already have my men looking there too, nothing as well. Any clues on where he might be?" He looked towards me.

"Not at all. We spent months finding out he was going to Chile that month. Imagine now. He's wants to play a game, and so far he's in the lead for it." I walked around looking at the things he had on his walls and on the shelfs that were pushed back on the walls.

"How long." I said.

"Huh?" I looked over to him and he's back on the first computer and biting his knuckle as he types in codes I suppose.

"How long." I walked away from the shelf and walked towards the chair again but I didn't sit down. I stood behind of it and placed my hands on the top of it and leaned slightly forward.

"How long in what Edward? Quit fûckin having short sentences. Damn. Spit it out already." He ran a hand through his hair and his eyes are glaring at the screen.

I knew he was getting frustrated but at least he's not like Vincenzo which would've shot someone or go fûckin destroy the computer. "How long have you had a child?"

His hand freezes and he blinks while slowing looking at me. I raise an eyebrow as my hand wraps around the top of the chair tighter. He leans back on the chair and looks over to the shelf where I saw the picture.

"Ten years."

"You kept your daughter a secret for ten years??"

"That's the safest thing to do Edward." He glared at me as he stood up. "I'm a growing mafia man, do you know how my threats I'll get if others knew I had a daughter? She's never stepping out of this building. And is she does, she'll be cover and hidden by my men. I'm not going to risk her being a target on me. I'm not going to put her life in danger because of me. You know what will happen because look what just happen to Vincenzo. They use our females as targets to get to our weaknesses. And my daughter is my weakness. I won't lie about that. And if anyone ever laid a hand on my daughter in the wrong way, or even hurt her. They're dead. I'm not going to let anything happen to my daughter." He said in a stern voice.

"Why keep it a secret from me though? That's the real question I'm asking."

"I didn't want anyone to know."

"Then what about your men?"

"I couldn't say no to her when she asked to go hang out with them. They treat her as a queen. I respect my men for that. She loves them and they love her. They'll protect her with their life before she ever gets a finger on her."

"Loyal men."

"Very." He looks back to the computer and leans on one hand as the other continues to type in codes.

******

I walked down the hall and back towards the door and walked in.