FORTY

Who else now?

Dead.

I found him dead.

His head was laying on the desk with a bullet hole in the back of his head. I rushed over to him and went behind him. The window was shattered everywhere where the bullet came through and i clenched my jaw.

Fight like a real man you coward.

I looked over to his dead body and guilt washed over me. I brought him into this and now his daughter doesn't even have a dad anymore. "Call his men up here." I said as I looked at the bloody hole.

He groans but i hear his footsteps fade away. I look back to the window and stared outside. How the hell did he know i had John help us?

Was it when we caught that stupid act of his?? Or is he really just a few steps ahead of us. The door slams open and i look over my shoulder and i see his men come rushing in. It was only like three men that showed up. Ricardo was behind him raising an eyebrow at how they came rushing in.

"What happened to boss?!" One asked in a serious tone. Clearly none of his men knew that their boss was sitting here dead for, i don't even know.

"Clearly he got fûckin shot as you can not fûckin see." Ricardo says as he rolls his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Clearly! But how!? How the hell did we not hear a gun shot and glass shatter?! That makes no sense. We were all down stairs and I️m sure there were a few that were up stairs." One of them says.

"That's the thing I️m trying to figure out. How can not one of you guys hear any of this happen? Is the glass sound proof? Is a gun shot sound proof too? How can not one hear this happen." I looked back to the shattered glass and looked out. How?

I looked at the green grass and the hills that green covers and trees in the background. Where? Okay, so now i know they had to use a silencer but the glass? The glass is shattered. It's couldn't come in so fast that it wouldn't have broken it. So you could've heard the glass shattered. I looked out to the hills again and i squint. How?

I didn't know i zoned them out from focusing to hard at the hill, but when i looked behind me they were all yelling at each other while Ricardo stared from the back ground. "-what do we tell-"

"We're not going to tell h-"

"We have too!"

"No we don't-"

"How can we not! That's her father!"

"Alright stop. Look, I'll have a meeting with all the other men for you to discuss about what you're going to tell his daughter. But right now that's not the real problem. The problem is how the hell did this shot get fired, and how far." I said. I looked back at Johns dead body and back to the window.

"Edward really? Clearly it wasn't a hand gun. How the hell can they make a perfect shot from down below with a hand gun. It has to be a stronger weapon and it has to have more speed to travel in a straight line. It has to be far away too because of it was a hand gun it would've hit him from the bottom of his head. This one hit him right in the center of his head. It has to be father away. I see you staring at the hills over there. Clearly it came from there, but i can tell it won't be a gun on the market." Ricardo said. I stared at him and then looked back to the hills, staring at it.

"Well what kind of gun do you think Mr. Know it all." I crossed my arms over my chest and didn't bother to turn around to look at him.

"Tell me what kind of gun can shoot that far of a range."

"Many guns."

"But which one is mostly common?"

"Many."

"Damn it Edward! A fûckin sniper! God damn. You couldn't say it? Was it that hard for you to say that??" He said in annoyed tone.

"I wanted you to say it because i didn't want to say and no one think of it. So if you looked stupid that's fine but if i did that's just a joke on me." I smirked.

He narrowed his eye at me, "are you fûckin kidding me! You think about that instead of your friend being dead right in front of you?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Nothing. Okay, well since you three are here, you mind taking your dead boss' corpse away from here and clean him up so you can have something done for him?" I said as I️ looked over to the three men.

"I guess we can." One of them stepped up and then the rest followed. They came in front of me and started to pick him up. A puddle of blood was sitting on his desk as his head moved. They wrapped his arms around their shoulder and behind their neck and started to drag him as his shoes made scuff marks on the floor. One of the guys went to open the door and they all walked out.

"Want to go check it out?" I asked.

"who's the new boss here then?" Ricardo asked ignoring my question.

"Does it look like i know?! I just got here at the same time you did Ricardo, and we found him at the same time. No one else knew until we told them, how the hell would i know who's the new boss." I said as i gave him a blank face.

He rolled his eyes and threw his hand up in the air, "i can't ask a fûckin question now?! Does everyone have to attack me just because i ask questions that i want to know?! Fûck! I can't ask anything anymore damn."  He said annoyed and started to walk around and look at things in the wall.

"Look, i didn't mean to be rude. But i just don't know. I have so much stress right now. With this, Vlad, and Ever and now his daughter. I just don't know how my plate can get so full in such small time." I sighed and rubbed my temples. I rubbed my eyes and sighed again.

"Look, let's go check out where we think the shot was and then we have to go tell Vincenzo because I️ don't think i can keep this in any longer."

"Fine."

*******

Look I️m sorry for having this late. I've been so busy this past week and it's so hard for me to write chapter in such little amount of time. I️m sorry.

I try to make these long like before but i just seem to not have enough time. Please forgive me.

I️m sorry.

Book IG:friesbeforeguy101

Anyway see you guys soon..
SS