FORTY-NINE

We found him...or did he find me?

~Ever~

I was sore. From my hips down were sore. The bruises on my hips and my thighs from his strong grip hurt somewhat. But I loved them. I loved the marks that he caused me. I was sitting on the bed while I looked down to my thighs. My fingers traced them and slightly pushed pressure to where it was slightly discomfort but not to where it caused me pain.

I was wearing his button up with nothing on under. I laid back on my back and sighed. A sly smile made its way one my lips and stayed put as I watched the fan from above move slowly. I missed that feeling. That feeling where your heart would pump so fast and your stomach felt light and your breaths were short and heavy just by looking at someone or what they would say to you.

Of course I didn't think my life would end up like this. I thought when I saw that man die right in front of me and when I turned around sprinted for my life, I thought I was going to die. I didn't think I was going to be use as someone to lure men into their death for some mafia man, but I also didn't think I was going to fall in love with the man who kidnapped me and made me feel things and made me love them the way he has.

My hands laid on my chest and played with the soft smooth button and continued to think what would've happen if I didn't even stop and walk into that alley? Like would I still ever met Vincenzo in some other way? Or would I still have to work my horrible job and live in the horrible place I would call home.

I shook my head and closed my eyes, I didn't want to think about my life without Vincenzo. I hate to say it but I fallen for a killer with little strings wrapped around me and he loves to pull certain ones which I love and hate.

I curled myself up on the bed as much as my leg can let me, and smiled against his pillow. I hugged the cover buried my face further in his pillow and gave a soft laugh. I was happy. I was actually happy and I haven't been happy for awhile. For years maybe, and finally, someone actually made me happy.

I open my eyes when his phone weren't off. My eyes casted towards the night stand next to his side of the bed and I can't believe he left his phone here. He said he was going to go with Edward to this place they saw another sighting at. I haven't seen Richard or heard about him for this month that past. But curiosity got me and made me crawl towards his phone and look at what it was.

Missed called from Caller unknown.

My heart began to race, not because of looking at Vincenzo phone, I just always freak out when the caller ID is unknown.

It vibrated in my hand, 'answer.' A text popped up. My breathing turned into pants and I quickly got up and held the bed post to help myself steady myself as I looked down at the phone reading the text over again till the phone screen turned black. I looked around and no one was here. And I know Vincenzo is not here. I looked back at the phone and I was about to turn on the phone again to look at the message but it lit up and rang in my hand, saying Caller unknown.

I let it ring in my hand. And once again a text pop up after saying, 'answer.' My hands began to shake slightly but I was telling myself what if it was Edward or Vincenzo calling from another phone. I placed down the phone where I grabbed it and sat down on the bed right next to it. I kept putting these 'what ifs' in my mind but when I would think one then the phone would ring again and then a message would come again when I didn't answer it.

Phone call after phone and it was starting to scare me. When the phone stopped ringing, I leaned closer to the phone and when the message popped up, I read, 'answer it Ever.'

My eyes grew wide and I pushed myself back onto the bed and stared at the nightstand. I was horrified that caller knew it was me. But I was trying to calm myself down and think it was either Edward or Vincenzo. But even it was, I would feel like they would call someone else from here, maybe even Erica. I don't know!

But when it rang again and a message popped up, I knew it had to be someone else. I slowly went closer, 'Answer it Ever. Now.' My heart dropped and this time I was scared. It rang again but this time a message never came, it was just call after call after that.

Curiosity got the best of me and I hurried to grab it and I answered it. I placed it next to my ear and said nothing. The other line was quiet while I was the one breathing heavily against the phone.

"Ever." They said. It was cool and laced with some venom. It almost brought me to my knees and almost made me drop the phone out of my hand. "Nice for you to pick up."

My eyes were wide and my mouth opened slightly, "Vlad." I whispered.

"Yes Mai, now listen. Your man is here with me but he hasn't found me yet. I see him with a group of men trashing my place, you know how disrespectful that is?" He taunted. It was like he was joking about this whole scene.

"Vlad." I looked at the wall in front of me and said, "you better-"

"Oh no. Duh, why would I?" He laughed.

"Why are you calling this phone." I said.

"Because I have a tracker on it and I tracked it and it's still at his estate while he's here. So, I just thought I would give it a call."

"How did you know I was with it?" I looked around looking to see if there was any cameras in here.

"I can easily hack, and I hacked through the phone and looked through the front camera Mai."

My hand tighten around the phone and I decided to just listen.

"Okay. Since you won't talk anymore I will. How's the leg?" I can hear the smirk through his words and my eyes quickly went to my leg.

"Vincenzo is going make you wish you died before he got to you." I said as tears welded my eyes.

He barked out a laugh, "you think that?! Ha! I think the men I payed great money would make a surprise for both you and Vincenzo. I'm calling because you'll see me soon. And Vincenzo would feel so betrayed. And maybe you. I'll see you soon Mai." The phone ended and I brought the phone down and stared at it.

"What?" I whispered. I looked towards the bed again then back down to the phone and I was still trying to understand what he meant by Vincenzo being betrayed and so with me.

But right when I was going to turn and place the phone back on the nightstand a bag went over my head every thing went black.

******

I'm not sure if you guys want to even hear what happen to me, because I post it every time after a chapter. Just know I fine now and I'm sorry.

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101

Anyway see you guys soon..
SS

SS

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.