FORTY-SEVEN

A man needs rest.

~Vincenzo~

I laid there with her laying on my chest. It's been three months, and nothing.

I'm acting like it's nothing, so my men can know they need to work harder.

It's killing me.

Her leg is somewhat better, she's able to use the crutches but she's acting like I don't see her holding back hisses.

Her soft snores knock me out of my thoughts, and I sigh. My hand runs down her hair, onto her back. I sighed and pulled her closer to myself and she moaned in her sleep, but it didn't stop me from doing it again.

I haven't really been sleeping as much, so this feels good to just lay down and get lost in thought.

But fûck my thoughts.

Fûckin bad memories.

I shook my head and then gently pushed her off of me. She moaned again but she flipped and faced the other side curling up. I stood up and stared at her doing so, and fûck me.

I turned towards my closet and walked in grabbing a button up, since I didn't have a shirt on, and quickly placed it on, as I grabbed a jacket.

I button everything up, leaving the button up open on the first button and walked out of the room. I walked towards the office and closed the door behind me. Edward was sitting at the computer with his hair over the place, with bags under his eyes. His shirt wasn't button correctly. His mouth was open slightly as his finger would mindlessly type. His eyes would follow, but it was all done mindlessly.

He didn't look up when I closed the door, he didn't look my way when I walked towards him. He was simply doing what he was told.

Find him.

I walked around the desk and I see multiple windows open, with some with types of maps, some with surveillance cameras. And some pictures. I stared at how he would drag some out of the way, and click into a new one, or would open a new tab, open something else but end up closing it and then going back into videos and pictures.

"How long have you've been doing this."

"Four days."

"Sleep?"

"No."

"Sleep." I said as I pulled him and his seat away from the computer. His feet tried to stop himself but I didn't care if he was "wanting" to stay.

"I swear, I swear I'm so close." He said as I stepped in front of the computer as he got up from the chair.

"And you'll be even closer tomorrow, maybe even find him. But right now go sleep. I don't care if you're trying to convince me from letting you stay here, it's not going to happen. Go Edward."

His face looked worn out. His body showed that he was tired. His shoulders were sagging, not tall and strong as he always introduce himself. Stubble was slowly coming out of his face, knowing he hasn't shaved in those four days. And those bags under his eyes were the main glance that you would recognize him knowing he was tired.