FIFTY-FOUR

Till he can't beg.

~Ever~

Gasping.

Gasping for air as my body was in pain. Well, I think it's in pain? I don't know if I'm in pain, is this how you feel when you died? I took in deep breaths in and out, trying to feel anything. Something! Give me something please!

"Oh god." I said.

My eyes went to my legs. They were not stitched up, they were still left open with blood dried up mostly,  but this is all confusing. Am I alive? Am I dead?

My eyes casted up and they were met with emerald green eyes.

He stared at me with a blank face and my heart picked up. My eyes started to tear as he just continued to stare at me. He was fine. He wasn't hurt. He wasn't in pain. He was fine.

"Vincenzo."

"Mai." He said cooly.

"I'm so confused." I said as a hiccup came shortly afterward.

"I'll explain." He took a step forward and walked behind me, unwrapping the ropes around my wrist. "It's all over." He whispered in my ear as he undone the rope. When my wrists weren't throbbing with the ropes bitting me, I quickly turned around and pulled him close. My arms were tightly around his neck and I cried on his shoulder.

His body shifted and that's when I started to feel myself get lifted and kept close to his chest. I continued to cry in his chest as he walked us out of this building. I heard men talking in the language I know I would never understand.

When I felt the sun beat down on my face, I knew we made it outside. I didn't want to look at the place were I was held captive and-

I lifted my head off his chest and stared at him, "you died. You died right in front of me." I sobbed.

He shook his head, "no. No I didn't die." He said. I heard a car door open and then he gently placed me in and then followed. The door was closed after him but he pulled me back on his lap. "I didn't die. The only man that is dying is Vlad, which I have my men keeping him captive right now. They're heading him off to my estate where I should have my fun. Where I should have him begging for me to kill him, but I'm not. I'm going to torture him till he can no longer beg." He said stern. His eyes held determination while his veins were pumping roughly.

"How are you not dead." I said.

He looked down at me, "I had this all set up." He looked ahead and avoided my eyes. "Ricardo is my brother, not by blood, but he's my brother so as Edward. He would never do such a thing, even though I don't like him as much. I told him to send a message to one of Vlads men saying he'll do anything for loads of money. And I knew Vlad would want you. The same place sent back a message to him saying he would want you. Vlad told Ricardo to take you to that same place. So he did. But we left early to go to that place, and I knew Vlad would switch things up. He's a man like that. Likes to place new cards down."

His hand tighten around my hip but I didn't say anything. He looked down to thighs and then bent down slightly and pulled out a first aid kit under the chair. The car was moving already and then he started to clean and fix my wounds. They were still numb so I didn't feel when he got a glove and started to clean up. "This might hurt" he whispered. He dung his finger in my wound and started to fetch the bullet. Pain shot through me, but I didn't want to show him that.

"We went to that place but Ricardo tried to text me saying it was a new place but I left my phone." His jaw clenched and he sighed out. "So Edward and I got there and no one was there. I would say Vlad was a man good at placing the right cards down at the right time, but if I didn't leave my phone-"