Prologue

Please note that this is the first draft of the story and it is not edited, formatted, modernized, compiled, maturized, vocabularized or proofread by anyone including myself.

I couldn't exactly remember who took me to hospital that night but I was quite sure that the person was too late. All I could remember before I passed out was pain and fire.

The time when my consciousness awoke me, I was lying in a hospital bed. No one was beside me except a doctor.

At one in the morning, my mother arrived with Peter. They looked shocked at seeing me. I still didn't know why I had been admitted to hospital.

No one knew that I was already awake.

I did not want to show.

I just couldn't open my eyes.

There was pain in my back, my legs hurt and I couldn't feel my lower abdomen.

"Her skin is completely burnt," I heard the doctor say to my mother. "And she has lost one kidney."

Oh my god. I heard my mother say.

The doctor was now looking at me.

"The sad part is," he began, "she has lost her virginity."

What? I heard my inner self yell at me.

Who did this?

Oh it's them.

Then I heard Peter say;
"She died now, Okay?"

"What? She is alive and she survived the accident. The medical reports confirm that she could live after a surgery," I heard the doctor say.

"We don't need your opinion, doc. Just forget that she is alive."

"What? Why?" It was the doctor's voice.

Then I heard Peter grumble in a warning edge to his tone;
"Yes, doctor. She died in the accident."

Yes, I am dead.

I didn't want to hear anymore.

Yes, I didn't survive the fire.

"Oh my little baby," I heard my mother humming to my ear, clearly hoping that I would hear, "it was all our fault. We should never have left you here."

"There's nothing we could do Gemma," I heard Peter say, "She died in the fire."

"But tomorrow is another day." Peter added.

And tomorrow I will wake up again.

Tomorrow I will begin a new life.

Tomorrow I will be someone new.