a promise

To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it.
~Pinterest

Adrian

"Baby, is something wrong?"

Serena's chest was heaving up and down, her breath almost failing her perspiring body. Her dark black brown eyes were bulbous for her full cheeks and the shock was clearly written on her eyebrows.
I felt guilty of myself.

Oh shit.
I have scared the hell out of her.

"Adrian,"she spoke, her voice meek as a mouse, "please stop."

I stepped inches away from her.

"Serena, baby, everything is fine," I began saying, "look... I have already stopped. I'm not going to do anything that you don't want me to do, okay?"

Her eyes met with mine.
She nodded, ashamed.

We didn't speak for a moment. We continued to stare at each other, still naked but still caring for each other. Even though I was quite aroused inside I didn't want to hurt her.

God. That feeling sucked. But I would hold it in, for her.

"Serena, is something wrong baby?" I asked her.

She closed her eyes and sighed.

"It was a panic attack," she admitted, her eyes closed, "I thought I was totally cured."

Panic attacks?
Serena is a strong girl... why would she ever have panic attacks?

"It's fine baby. You don't need to have any pressure about it. We still have each other."

I leaned in and kissed her forehead, gently.

She wrapped her arms around my shoulders,inhaling me. I pressed my chin against her hot cheeks and kissed her.

I didn't want her to get hurt.
She's mine.
And she won't get hurt.

"Do you always have them?" I asked her.

"Have what?" She asked me, her cheeks caressing mine.

"The panic attacks... do you have them for a while?" I repeated.

Her eyes pierced through mine.

"No, it started after one night, a year before a day like today," she said, "I have been suffering from panic attacks ever since."

Oh. My poor baby.

I didn't know that she was having a hard time before she met me. But something in her made me come into certain theories. Yet I didn't want to scare her away. I wanted to console her; tell her that everything was fine.

"Was it a hard night?" I asked cautiously trying my best not to make her afraid.

She turned her face at me, her eyes bulbous, clearly shocked.

"If you don't want to tell, that's fine with me," I began, "I don't want to make you trust me."

"I trust you, Adrian. But..."

She stopped, abruptly.

"But what Serena, do you think I will tell someone?"