secret for secret

'How do you spell love?'
'You don't spell it, you feel it.'
~Winnie the Pooh

Serena

"ADRIAN! NOOOO!"

I was screaming at the top of my lungs. My body felt weaker and my spine shivered against me. But despite all that, there was a fierce pain in my heart, not for the deep stab it faced.

I couldn't see Adrian dying.

No. He's everything to me.
He can't die.

"NOOOOO!" I shouted, giving the last of my energy as his breath failed him.

"PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME!" I yelled.

"Serena! Serena, baby it's all right!"

I suddenly opened my eyes and sat bolt upright on the floor. Adrian was there beside me, his arm circled around my waist, his eyes a soft shade of azure.

I felt so relieved.

I was sweating like hell.

Sheepishly not bothering my morning bad breath, I brushed his lips against mine.

Thank god, you are alive.

"Hey, I'm not going to leave you, okay?" He whispered and kissed my cheek, "unless you do."

I breathed in.

I was not ready to leave him.

But he would be in danger if I kept staying with him.

"Did you have a bad dream, sweetheart?" He asked.

Sweetheart, that was what Nate used to call me.

"Adrian, don't call me sweetheart. I don't like you calling me that," I admitted.

He looked puzzled,

"No, it was not a bad dream," I began, "it was a nightmare. I'm glad you are safe, I thought I lost you."

He hugged me closer to him. His warmth dazzled me and my blood rose to my cheeks.

"I'm glad you want me safe," he said.

I looked at the wall clock. Was it 9.00 am?

"Holy crap Adrian, we are late for school! Why didn't you wake me up?" I exclaimed.

Adrian smirked.
"Forget school baby. I wanted to do something nice today with you, remember?"

I nodded, excited. There was something in his tone that said he wanted something new.

Something only he could do.
I shivered at the thought.

"And something nice doesn't include school, okay?" He added.

Definitely. Anyone would agree.

"So, on your first day as my official girlfriend, let's go on a date,"he suggested. "Are you ready for it?"

Ready as I can ever be.

"I don't know, maybe," I grumbled, trying to look serious.

I did not know what he was trying to do. And I didn't want him to know that I kind of liked being his girlfriend.