hurt

Quote

Sometimes we would be expecting too much from others, because we would be willing to do that much for them.
~Pinterest

Serena

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

He left me.

Oh no Serena, he didn't. You did.

Adrian. I'm sorry that I yelled at you.

Come back.

Please.

I was pacing myself towards somewhere; anywhere. I didn't know what really happened. Adrian and I were perfect and he had told me the exact thing, but I screwed everything up.

But he was not ready to accept he did wrong.
He wasn't feeling guilty.
It seemed so unfair.

In a kind of way, I didn't want to know who was wrong or who was right. Adrian had his ego gripping his self esteem and was gradually erasing the care we had for each other.

And my ego, that wanted me to make Adrian realize that he was wrong. His ego was wrong. He kissed another girl in front of my eyes and was having not a mere sense of guilt of about it.

How could he kiss a girl?
Did he do this all the time?

It was so cold outside. I felt so alone. I had never felt so alone in my entire life. Even when they left me to die in a lonely barn, I was never this lonely.

I couldn't understand why I felt this way. My soul was incomplete, a crashed trampled heart beating feebly against my poor chest.

'I don't want you controlling what I do and what I don't.'

I sighed. All this time, I'd never wanted to control anyone else; specially the person I cared most. All this time, I wanted him to be mine. Only mine.

But to him Owning a person means 'controlling'.
And I'm not ready to do that.

I was still striding through nowhere. I wanted Adrian to come back for me. At times with tearful eyes and a blurred vision, I looked back each time when I heard footsteps behind me.

They did not belong to Adrian.

Adrian did not come for me.

He had given up on me.

Fuck me.

The only place that was left for me was the Donut shop. Not knowing how I ended up almost meters away from it, I hurried to the parking space. For my sheer luck, it was closed.

On the board beneath the Sparkling bold words that spelled 'Donuts' were Alex's phone number.

I searched my pockets.

Shit I don't have a phone. Or a way to call her. Or anyone.

I might really end up sleeping on the road, praying that some damn vehicle would be kind enough to go through me.

That I needed right now.

***

Adrian