Six

Adrian

When the school was over, I accidentally met Mr. Barnes on my way to my car. His face was sunburnt and confused. Anyway, I had a strange feeling that he wanted to speak with me.

"Mr. Rivers," he spoke out and I stopped.

"Yes, Mr. Barnes?"

"I need you to do me a favor... when will you usually be free?"he asked me.

"I have music classes today, but tomorrow I will be free..." I murmured.

"Great, then can you please tutor this person who lives here," he said as he handed me a piece of paper. There was an address written on it.

"Tutor with what, Sir?" I asked.

"Mathematics, of course. Since you are awfully talented in the subject I think that you could help this very weak student every week to improve her grades..."

He was bawling.

"Sure, I can spare an hour, I guess," I stammered.

I really didn't like tutoring dorks.

"Oh thank you, Mr. Rivers. I will make sure that you will get the best student award this year too." Mr. Barnes thanked me and went away.

I sighed.

The next morning, my buddy Barry Steele was present at school. He had been on vacation in Hawaii with his cousins for two weeks. I really did miss him.

"What's up bro?Hawaii had me hypnotized" He complimented up as we met near the door way of the school.

"What? Don't tell me you found another girl!" I teased him.

"Nah... fell for the coconut tree there... hugged them for weeks... anyway, anything new in school?" Barry asked.

"Nope it's the same. I'm single, that's all that's changed," I mumbled.

"Guess that slut has given you a hard time," he commented.

"Yeah, Ziara's a badass. Let's not talk about her..." I said.

Suddenly, Barry's eye diverted to somewhere else.

"Woah! Who is that?" He asked me.

"What? Who?" I asked.

His gaze was on a girl who was a wearing shabby sweater and a pair of worn out trousers with a large pair of spectacles. Her blonde hair was covering her face.

"That's Scarlett O'Hara," I said.

"Dude, isn't that a name in a book? Don't joke man, tell me who is she..." Barry begged.

"I can't exactly remember her name," I confessed.

"Why are you so weak in remembering names?" Barry began, " look man, I'm going to get her into my Cupid Gaze."

(Cupid Gaze is what happens to all girls whom are subjected to Barry Steele's Gaze. He's awfully cute that they react in some kind of manner to his cuteness)

Scarlett was looking down as Barry approached her. I stayed behind to watch how she would react to the Cupid Gaze.

"Hello beautiful, I'm Barry Steele. Do you mind if I put on your glasses?" He was looking at her and was raising his hand to touch her specs when suddenly she raised her head.

Barry was giving her the Cupid Gaze right now. But Scarlett was not showing any reaction. Her eyes were in flames and her cheeks were flushed in anger.

"What are you looking at? If you love glasses so much, why don't you get one for yourself, Harry Potter? And get them round too. Goodbye, I hope we never meet again." She grumbled and strode away.

Barry was speechless. I was speechless too. I had never seen anyone who could refuse a cool guy like Barry ever in my life. And the way she defended his Cupid Gaze was awesome. I was feeling awe for her.

"Man what a girl. She's hardcore." I said, stupefied.

"Not that Adrian, did you see her face? I haven't seen anyone as beautiful as that. But why do you think she is hiding her true self? There is something strange about her."Barry blurted to himself.

Barry was right. There was something about Scarlett.

Again at the cafeteria, Barry wanted to meet the girl. This time he wanted to apologize to her. So we were heading straight to where she was.

"Hey, I'm sorry for being rude to you in the morning," he grumbled.

"Thats okay." She answered, grimly.

"Hey wanna hang out with us?" Barry asked.

"What do you mean? Do you want to go in for a hangover or get hooked up or something?" She was now asking us.

I signaled Barry to leave but he was not in the mind to leave this dorky girl.

"How about a date?" He said.

Date? Is he mad.

Scarlett's eyes shone behind her bulbous glasses.

"I'm very sorry guys but I don't date boys." She was saying.

"Why?"I blurted out.

Scarlett was now looking at me.

True, She had a beautiful feminine face.
But every girl likes to date a cool guy, why doesn't she date cool guys?

"Because I'm lesbian." She grumbled.

What???

Serena
After school, I finally reached home.

I somehow managed to save myself from Barry Steele and his friend; Adrian Rivers. From the moment I met the two, I knew that they were trying to unleash my protective barrier. So I had to turn them away by telling them I was lesbian.

Well, I was not lesbian but I knew that they would not dare ask me for a date again.
However, I heard my mother yelling for me. I glimpsed the wall clock.

It was 4 p.m.

I stealthily climbed down the staircase to meet the tutor.

And the moment I saw him I was shell shocked.

So was he.

"Serena dear, look who's here! He says he is Adrian... what's your name sweetheart?" My continued.

"It's Adrian Rivers, ma'am." Adrian responded sheepishly trying to swallow something that was stuck in his oesophagus.

"What a lovely name my dear. What a fine young man... off you go. Serena, take this young man to your room." My mom commanded.

Adrian was looking at me.

Keep on reading, loving and voting.
Comment your ideas.
-Golden Calypso