chocolate on my lips

~Pinterest

~Pinterest

'Help needed, part time or full time vacancies available.'

To my luck, I found a board hanging from a Doughnut Shop, its honey colored bold words shining and inviting me in.

The shop seemed small, a vintage sweet place that was on the far corner of the town. The customers were less in number but I fell in love with the place at first sight. It was actually the donuts that got my attention.Through the glass panes I could see them(the Doughnuts I mean) and the cupcakes winking at me.

Everything was just perfect. I prayed god to let me get this job.

There was a girl at the counter. She had curly black hair and from her dark complexion I figured out that she was half black. She didn't look more than twenty. Despite everything she looked pretty.

"Good afternoon sugar, what can I get your sweet tongue?" She asked me, her accent Irish.

"Actually, I'm here for the job."

She continued to look at me.

"Oh yes, I forgot about the board!"

Then she started yelling at someone at the back,
"Theo, didn't I tell you to remove that board? We've already had enough help...

Theo, a blonde haired boy approached from the bakery inside.

"I'm sorry, sis. I forgot about that."

He admitted and joined the curly haired girl.
"I'm sorry cupcake. We don't need any help here." The girl apologized
.
I was so disappointed.

"I think we might need someone's help; though," Theo began suddenly.

"What? Are you serious?"

The boy shrugged.

"When I'm at the bakery, you are at the counter, so who's going to serve? Besides I decided to start selling coffee and cappuccino. We seriously need help."

The girl beamed at me.

"Okay, cupcake. I guess you're in. I'm Alessia Jepson by the way. And this is my brother Theodore."

"Hi, I'm Serena Waltz. Nice to meet you," I managed.

Both Alessia and Theo smiled.

"But you can call me Alec," Alessia added.

"Sure," I said, "Alec."

"All you have to do is pour the chocolate on the top, like this," Theo showed me. "And sprinkle some of the icing hearts like this."

"After I make the dough you can add the topping. We have vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, coffee and also blue berry flavor."

"Wow, That sounds yummy." I said.