Eight

~Pinterest

~Pinterest

Serena

The next evening, sharp at 4 pm I found a BMW parked in the front yard of the little house thatI lived. It was a bright cream, sort of butterscotch with marvelous headlights.

"What the hell!" Gemma was gasping as she almost threw herself at the brand new car. I even recognized that my mother fell in love with the car.

"Hey are you ready?" It was Adrian's sweet masculine voice approaching my sight. He was dressed in ripped jeans and his perfect abs were quite visible under his white shirt.

"Is this your car?" Gemma was blurting as she caressed the door of his BMW.

"Yes ma'am," he responded meekly.

Well, I did not like his car much. I even had an Audi last year so it was no big deal for me but Gemma did not know that. It was a secret that my father and I knew. After the fire incident, I sold my car because I was forced to act poor.

"Are you gonna come?" Adrian was interrupting my daydreams.

"What?" I asked.

Gemma was beaming at me.

"Go on sweety, hop in the car..." she was blabbering again. My poor mom.

As soon as I got in his car, I was stupefied. This was how I went for the disaster last year. I was not sure if I was doing the same mistake twice.

"Are you cold?" Adrian asked me.

"No." I grumbled.

"You seem pale and cold." He remarked as we drove.

"Why are you doing this for me?" I asked him, "you know that I'm not into guys. Why do you invite me home?"

He was noticing something.

His blue eyes were bigger under his confused eyebrows and I was starting to get nervous.

"Miss Waltz, I am very certain that I'm taking you home to tutor you since your house lacks space for both of us." He exclaimed.

"Oh." I felt offended.

Wait till I show you my real house, I told myself.

Adrian drove us to a quite lane and made his BMW park in front of a large gate.

Automatically, the gate opened and we were in his enormous garden. It was not a garden, it was more like the moor you had in 'The Secret Garden."