that promise

Quote

It hurts when you realize you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were.
~Pinterest

Serena

Where is Adrian?

I was running through the corridors of the school, expecting to meet him any second. I didn't find him in any of the classrooms and I didn't find him in the musical section.

'Bring me some donuts when you get home, I'll be waiting for you.'

I held the box of donuts tightly to my chest. Adrian would never break a promise. I already knew that. And he wouldn't lie to me.

He told me he would come back in an hour.

By now, seven hours have already passed.

Where are you Adrian?

Swiftly, I shuffled to the direction of the auditorium. He should be there. Or he could be there.

I have to know why he is late.

At a glance from outside, I could clearly see the stage of the auditorium from the glass doors. Bringing my self to a half, I sheltered myself in front of the glass door, expecting to see someone.
I didn't want to go inside.
I didn't want to create trouble.
Adrian would think I was stalking him.

Leaning on my toes, I looked in the auditorium stage.

I wish I hadn't been there in the first place.

What I saw made me nail to where I was. I could feel the blood circulation freezing all over my body and my heart giving a familiar sound of breaking, this time harder.

Adrian and Ana, they were on the stage.
Kissing.

Shit.

I wouldn't dare believe what I was seeing. I trusted Adrian more than I trusted myself. How could this be happening? If it was for the drama, where is Peterson?

I couldn't see the teacher anywhere.
They were not acting.
They are truly kissing.

For a split second I wanted to open the damn door and slap Adrian in the face. How could he kiss someone else even for a musical? And even for practice?
The teacher was nowhere. So that undeniably meant that they were not practicing.

Adrian and Ana.
Adrian was kissing Ana in front of my bare eyes.

How could he do that to me? After all I had been through. He knew that he was everything that was left for me.
Even more, how could he cheat on me?

'The rumors were true about him, you don't do girlfriend for more than a week... right?'

Are they true?
Hadn't he been serious in our relationship?

Is this all a game?
Am I the flavor of the month?

Everyone told me about him. I remembered the day he dumped Ziara in the cafeteria on my first day at school. The words he told her kept echoing in my mind.

'Actually Ziara, I had never liked you. So I guess it's over for us. Goodbye, Sweetheart. Don't break your heart.'

I felt the box of donuts fall from my numb hands.