Five

Serena

"OMG, look what's on Glamour magazine!"

That was Ziara's voice as I entered the classroom. The girls were gathered around her desk, peeping into the Glamour magazine perhaps.

Shane was waiting for me. And the seat next to him was once again empty for me.

"Good morning," I greeted him.

"Good morning." He said back.

"What are they doing over there?" I asked Shane.

"Celeb Gossips... they read them all the time..." Shane said a matter of factly.

I looked at the girls.

"What? Nate Jonathan and Jenevie Wolf broke up?" Ziara was now shouting in surprise.

It was nice not a surprise for me.

However, the class started just then. Mr. Barnes, who was also in charge of  the subject of Mathematics hopped into the class. The first subject we had was Maths and Algebra. So Mr. Barnes should be in the classroom.

I did not know how Mr. Rivers came into the class but he was sitting at the corner of my right.

I was not terrible in Mathematics but I had this urge to make others believe that I was in order to not being noticed at all.

"What do you think you're doing Miss Waltz? Can't you even add two decimal numbers? Here look at this!" Mr. Barnes was furious at my math.

Then again he gave us an equation to be solve. Once again, I did it wrong purposely.

"Why can't you simplify an algebraic expression? I did not know that you were so weak in Maths! Wait till I meet your mother!"
He was shouting now.

Everyone was looking at me like I've committed a murder.

Great my disguise was working. I was happy.

"Why on earth are you smiling? Do you think it's funny?" Mr. Barnes was shouting now.
I looked down and caught Adrian looking at me with confused eyes.

Gemma drove me after school. When I got home, I went straight to bed. It was a half past six in the evening when I finally woke up.
Famished, I headed straight to kitchen and checked what was available to eat. There was cold chicken soup in the fridge, so I took it out and heated it.

Someone cleared her throat.

It was Gemma. He face did not look happy.

"What now?" I asked her sheepishly as I sat down to eat.

She sat down in the chair in front of me.

"It's Mr. Barnes. He came here an hour ago." She grumbled and I choked.

"So? What did he say?"

"He's not happy about your work. He said you are weak in Mathematics and insisted me on encouraging you." She replied.

"Great! What are you gonna do about it?" I asked, teasing her.

"And he had a great idea. I permitted him to do as he wishes..."

I laughed. Whatever, he wants me to do, I am so not going to be a Calculus that I used to be.

Earlier, when I had been studying in California high, I had loads of homework. In fact, I had my Maths homework done straight at school because I was super fast in solving sums. And the rich kids at school accepted me to their crew, only if I would agree to do their Maths homework. So I had to stay up all night long to get their homework done. Gemma did not know this. She knew nothing about my problems.

"Mr. Barnes suggested tutoring after school which was fine with me." Gemma exclaimed.

"Okay. But will he have time after school?" I asked.

Gemma forced a laugh.

"Actually, he's not the one going to tutor you. It's someone else of your age. I can't remember his name, what was his name... Adam Smith? Adolfus Hitler?Astrid Rhyme???"

"Mom why are you calling people that don't exist?" I joked, " whatever it is that you want, I won't be able to give it to you."

"Say whatever you want, but he will be coming tomorrow at four after school," Gemma admitted and went away.

Later at night, I was surfing the internet. In the search engine, I typed 'Nate Jonathan'.

The latest news that was related to Nate Jonathan popped up into the screen. Here was what it said;

'Nate Jonathan is now touring Japan, despite the sudden breakup with Grammy Award winning pop singer; Jenevie Wolf. The couple had been dating for two years. The reason for the break up was not yet revealed but Nate said that it was because Jennifer was cheating on him. However, his tour will be starting from Japan, then Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai, England, Russia, France, Belgium, Spain and finally in the USA which will end in six months time. The tour is called 'Midnight Rock.''"

That was enough. I still have time to stay under cover.

After drinking my medicine(because I was living with one kidney), I slept and had the same nightmare.

Keep loving... vote and comment for me.🤓
-Golden Calypso