everything

Quote

The broken will always be able to love harder than most.
Once you've been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines.

~Pinterest

_________________________________________

"Serena? What are you doing here?"

Alessia's voice rang in my ears at a distance and I tried to open my eyes. My knees felt stiff from sitting on the exact place; the front bench of the Donut shop, from midnight til morning. I had barely had some sleep, I could feel my eyelids hanging down in pain.

Ana and Adrian.
They wanted me gone.

At least I thought Adrian would never cheat on me. But yesterday, when I met him at the club, I didn't see any expression on his face. He didn't give me a single glance. I wonder if he had even noticed me there.

He had his ocean blue eyes glued to Ana's side. His arms were holding her tight and Ana was embracing him. I didn't know what to do.

Seeing them like that, I felt really bad of myself.
It was a feeling I had never experienced in my life.

Jealousy.

How could he make me feel that way?

How could he forget me for another girl?

Those blue eyes that looked only at me, now there were glued to someone else.

I felt ashamed of myself. I felt ashamed of the emotions I felt for him. I felt ashamed of what we were and what we have become.
I'd never wanted our relationship to end.

So am I the only one who wanted it from the very beginning?
Didn't Adrian feel the same way?

'I know baby. Nothing can make us apart. I promise.'

Adrian was telling Ana these words just as the way he told me them. He had told me this numerous times, told me that everything would be okay when he was with me. He was the only person that stood by me when I needed it most.

'You'll be in Neverland when you are with me... we'll stay forever young, even if you are seventy you'll still be my little girl...'

I believed in every word he told me.
Yes. Every single word.

'I don't want to leave you for anyone else. Even though the whole world shuts you down, I'd be there for you. You don't need to be afraid of anything, or anyone. You got me, baby. And that's what you should always know.'

Adrian, did you really mean everything you told me?

'For the first time in my life, I have found the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.'

Or are they just lies?

"Serena, why aren't you in school at this hour?"

I raised my eyes to the sunshine and blinked away the tears. My head fell dizzy from the glare and my heart felt heavier. And empty.

"Serena, are you crying, sweetie?"

Alec sat down beside me. I couldn't handle anything. Adrian did not want me. From the beginning, it was only a game for him. I couldn't control anything. Not even my crying. I couldn't stop tears pouring down my cheeks.