Seven

I was clueless as to how I ended up with Adrian in my room. And it was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Look, I don't think I could tutor you," Adrian spoke silently gazing everywhere but not at me.

"Yeah, I know that you don't mix up with the insignificant ones. Anyway-"

"No I don't mean that." He said suddenly.

"What I meant is that your room is awfully small that there is no space for both of us. Where would you like me to tutor you?"

"Um... I agree that it's small. But the floor is bigger... so, we can just sit on the floor." I suggested.

"I don't see space on the floor too. How exactly are you gonna make space?" He grumbled.

I began pushing my bed to the far side of the room so that there is much room. But the bed was so heavy that my fingers almost got red.
Adrian stood watching.

"What are you staring at? Can you not help me push this bed?" I asked him.

"I completely refrain from touching someone's bed; especially when it belongs to a girl." He mumbled grimly.

I thrusted the bed so hard that it bumped to the wall.

"Remember smart boy, this girl's all lesbian." I admitted and Adrian smiled.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to tutor you for long.I can only tutor you for less than an hour so let's get started." He said.

And then we began.

After about twenty minutes, his iPhone began to ring.

"Hello, Barry. Why do you call me?" He said to the speaker.

"No man I have plans today. I'll catch up on you later. Bye." Adrian said.

"Do you need to go?" I asked Adrian.

"That's fine. Let's get your work done." He grumbled.

After two random sums, he was not feeling happy.

"Scarlett, why can't you even add two numbers? I don't know what's wrong with you. Have you not been taught how to add?" He asked, flabbergasted.

"I don't like numbers. They irritate me." I answered.

Adrian looked at me.

"What happens when something irritates you? Do you give up on them?" He implied,seriously.

"I have my reasons for giving up." I said.

He silently observed me.

"If you have already given up, what we are doing is useless. So I will end this now." He demanded, harshly.

"If you are irritated with me, you can leave. I can't expect much from you. You all are the same." I blurted.

Adrian's super blue eyes fell upon me.

"Believe me, I'm different."

We were locking eyes for more than half a minute.

"What If you are not?" I asked him, not wondering what we were talking about.

"It all builds on trust." He said.

I looked down. I could not fall for his Blue Eyes. I should be strong. Even stronger, I told myself.

"Here, do this sum and show me that you trust me." He said giving me a simple sum.

And I calculated it wrong, on purpose.
He stood next to me, watching how I did the calculation.

"Tell me Scarlett, what did you have for Lunch today?" He suddenly asked me. I resumed my work.

"Sandwiches with ham and cheese," I said.

"I love that too. How much does it cost? Was it 2 dollars? I mean the meal with two slices?"

"Well it costs only 1.75 dollars." I smiled.

"What? The cafeteria lady must have fooled me. I gave her 5 dollars for 4 slices and I also bought a milkshake which was 1 dollar..."

"What? Didn't you get the balance? She should have given you half a dollar!" I exclaimed.
Adrian was surprised.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I remarked.

"Well, I haven't ever been more curious. You startle me. What does your pretending to be dumb mean so much to you?" Smart boy asked.

I was speechless. He was observant enough.

"What do you mean?" I asked, pretending to be innocent.

"You know what I mean. I surprised to have met someone like you. Someone who acts dumb when you are not. I think you might not need me tutoring." He stated.

"What would you say to Mr. Barnes?"I asked him. "Will you reveal my secret to him?"
Adrian thought for a while.

"I do not wish to reveal it if it's your secret. Then again, I will have to tutor you for nothing." He blurted.

"That's fine." I said.

It was almost two long hours and Adrian stood up to end our session of tutoring. Mom and I emerged to say goodbye to him.

"Sorry to ask, but what's your name again?" He asked me, his deep blue eyes searching mine.

"It's Serena Waltz," I said for the nth time.
Adrian was at the doorstep, on the verge of departure when suddenly he turned back to me.

"Serena, would you like me to tutor you tomorrow at my place?"

I was speechless. I vowed myself never to trust humans; specially males.

"How wonderful!," Mom began talking for my sake, " I will make sure that I send her there. Don't worry my dear."

Adrian thanked my mom.

I looked at Gemma smiling and winced.

Vote, comment and continue reading ✌🏼