waiting

Quote

Expectation is the root of all heartache.
~William Shakespeare

PLEASE DO CLICK ON THE STAR ⭐️ RIGHT BELOW YOUR SCREEN TO MAKE ME SUPER HAPPY.

The next day, at school, Adrian had to quit his classes due to the musical. Miss Peterson had been practicing the musical all day since the musical was the main event of the school's annual concert. Despite all the blabber, Adrian was not in my classes.

I missed his blue eyes. Images of him staring at me with fascinated blue eyes made me miss him more than I ought to.

I missed him.

"Serena, girl are you seriously out of your mind?" It was Shane, my nerd friend stating as we headed to the cafeteria together.

"What, why?"

"Don't you know what guys like him do?", he breathed, "girls like you should be far away from their magnetic field. OMG Serena I never thought that you'd fall for him so easily."

"It was not that easy. Besides he is a good person."

And he deserves it.

"Bad boys are like magicians, Serena." Shane said, "once they produce a rabbit out of their hats, you'll fall for them. Serena, he is using that trick on you."

"I don't fall for rabbits, Shane. Let's talk about something else," I told him, flatly .

"How about your inexplicable detest for mayonnaise?" He asked me.

I glared at Shane. He gave me a meek smile.

Is he gay?
He was talking as if he were a girl.

"Mind if I borrow my girl for a while? I want to know why she doesn't like mayonnaise."
Adrian was smirking at me, his wonderful ocean blue eyes laughing with me. He stealthily sauntered towards me and slid an arm around my waist.

"Sure, Adrian. She's all yours." Shane turned to me, "see you in history, Serena."

With that, Shane went away.

"Hello darling," Adrian whispered to me, "miss me?"

I hit his chest softly, trying hard not to smile.
"Miss you? Or baby I had other things to worry about. How is the musical? Is everything okay?"

Adrian forced a laugh.
"My throat's paining from singing," he stated, "anyways you don't like to hear me sing."

"It's not what you think, Adrian," I heaved a sigh, "I remember what I used to be when I hear music. I used to remember the nightmare that destroyed my life when I hear someone sing."

He was like you, Adrian.
He and you, both of you were singers.
That's what I'm afraid of.

"No pressure baby, just asking." He leaned in and brushed his lips against my forehead. I leaned on his shoulders as we sat on vacant table.

Suddenly, a super blonde girl emerged from nowhere. She had perfect features, her eyes were turquoise; a shade of green and blue, her skin was flawless. Despite all that, she had an innocent smile lingering on her red lips.