Epilogue

PLEASE HIT ON THE STAR BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN TO MAKE ME SUPER HAPPY!

Quote

I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.
~'A Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens

-6 MONTHS LATER-

"Where is sleeping beauty? The musical will be starting in five minutes!"

I eavesdropped Miss Peterson's shrieking yet low voice that came from the stair case of the backstage. True, the musical was about to commence.

"Alec, can you please do this faster? I don't want to waste another minute," I told Alec as she applied the blusher on my face.

"Almost done," she said as she put a last bit of make up. "There. Now you are done."

I stood up to leave and glimpsed at the Bonnie brown color haired girl staring back at me in the mirror.

"Oh gosh, where is my wig?"

"Right here!" Alec handed me the blond wig that I'd decided to cast away after the Nate incident.

"Thanks, Alec. I owe you everything."

She kissed my cheek. "Well, I am a fan of yours, Jenevie. And meeting you here was a dream come true."

"Oh please," I began, "I'm not Jenevie! I'm Serena Waltz, a common girl."

"Yeah, Yeah... But everyone knows about you. That's why they postponed the concert and added the thing with our prom... that's exactly why they fired Ana and got you for the role. The school just couldn't reject the superstar that's already here! And you don't wear the wig and so it's officially done... You are the superstar again! Right?"

I rolled my eyes at her.
"Sure, whatever."

"Hey, just kidding. See you right here at the prom."

I nodded.

Alec left me backstage. I stealthily made my way to the stage. The heavy pink ball gown was making my steps less secure. And the high heels were not good for me.

The surgery cost me a month of recovery. Plus two months of deliberate exercise. The doctors instructed me never to use wine or champagne, or alcohol of any sort.

Well that was okay.

But all that vanished into thin air as a pair of ocean blue eyes locked with mine. He was standing there, my prince in shining armor, well dressed in royal robes, a feathered and jeweled hat on his head, meters away from where I stood. For a minute, all I could do was freeze with the time that froze for us.

He looked ethereal.

The music began and with timid steps, I approached the stage, my eyes locked with his.

The audience was looking at me, I could feel their gaze in my toes as I swirled myself before the song began.
And then I started singing...

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream...
I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam..."