Chapter 3

By the time all the guests left, it was almost midnight  and Luiz was nowhere to be seen.

I went upstairs and was waiting for him in his bedroom. It was amazing! It was huge. It had one super king size bed with table lamps placed on the side stools. To the left of the bed was a well furnished wooden table and chair. Few files and a laptop were placed on the table. To the right of the bed were beautiful couches. There was brown colour carpet all around. But the room was dimly lit.

I will ask him if we can have brighter lights for our room.

I went and sat on the bed. I was nervous as hell. From the expressions he gave today I could make out that he didn't like me. But probably we can have a talk and sort it out. As far as I know there is no fault from my side. But at the first place, will he even listen to me?

Well I just want to ask him why he behaved like that and if any problem is there, we can sort it out. Nothing is perfect in life, all we need to do is make some efforts.

I jerked all of a sudden when the door flew open with a loud thud!

He is here!!! Oh my God!!

His eyes were red as if he was crying and he was damn angry.

But why was he crying?

"How dare you sit on my bed? Just get your ass out of this place!"

I was shocked at his comment. But yeah, I had no interest to sit on his bed so I stood up.

He took huge intimidating steps toward me.

Oh no! he will beat me like Maria.

He grabbed my arm harshly and started dragging me towards the door.

Ahhh!!! It was hurting a lot!

Moreover, I was not able to walk fast because my legs were aching due to last night's incident.

"Please leave me it really hurts!" I said. But he really seemed not to care and continued dragging me.

Tears found their way out of my eyes and then Luiz successfully dragged me out of his room.

"Don't you ever show your face to me! You manipulator! You literally made a joke of my life!"

I was a manipulator? But this is the first time I am speaking to him and I don't even know him personally. How is that possible?

I gathered all the courage and asked him, "What is my fault?"

"Shut up!!", he shouted.

My eyes popped out in surprise. We kept staring at each other for few seconds which seemed like eternity.

"Fuck Off! Will you?", he said gritting his teeth.

My God! I was beyond shocked. He was abusing so much.

"What happened?", I heard my dad's panic voice. He was on his wheelchair.

How did he come upstairs?

"Dad, what are you doing here? How did you manage to come upstairs?", I asked him.

"Maids helped me.", he answered.

"Oh great! So, you already started taking benefits of my status.", Luiz said angrily.

I got furious. "What does your status have to do with my dad coming upstairs and seeking help of a few maids?", I asked.

He lifted his index finger towards me.

"YOU... you better shut your mouth or else..."

"Please don't say anything to her she is innocent, she is really innocent. I am the one to be blamed.", my dad said almost begging him.

Oh! I can't see you like this dad.

I started crying more now.

"Oh yeah! She is very innocent and you are too naive.", he said mockingly.

"Please don't do this to my daughter! She has already tolerated a lot in life!", he said.

"Oh really? Who cares? Stop with your drama old man! All you want is my money!", saying that he bent and held my dad's collar. I quickly rushed and tried to pull away his hands.

He turned towards me and gave me a dangerous look.

I admit I was really scared.

He then looked towards my hand which was on his hand and then looked towards me.

It was a How dare you touch me look. 

I quickly removed my hand.

"Stop it Luiz!", I heard Caroline, Luiz's mom shout at him.

"Just stop it! It isn't Lara's fault. It was my decision and her father supported. That's all.", she said by shrugging her shoulders.

Luiz left my dad's collar and stood straight facing his mom.

"Even you mom?", he asked in a very sad tone.

"Lara just go inside we have to talk to Luiz.", she ordered.

"She is not going inside my room!", Luiz interrupted.

"She is your wife now and she will stay with you and that's my final decision.", she said.

Luiz looked at me and said, "Well, you can let her be in my room mom but I can never let her be in my life."

Why did it hurt me so much after hearing that?

I just stared at him.

"Lara just go inside.", Caroline said which was almost like an order.

I just went back into the room. But I didn't sit on his bed or any of the couches this time. I just stood there staring at the wall.

After sometime, Luiz entered the room. He was still angry but not as furious as he was previously. He completely ignored me and sat on his bed by placing his head between both his palms.

What should I do now?

After two minutes he took a deep breath and stood up. He went towards his pillow.

Maybe he is going to sleep.

As I thought, he went and lied down on his bed and I was staring at him.

He looked at me and said irritatingly, "Sleep on any of the couches."

"It's ok! I will sleep on the floor.", I said. After all, I always used to sleep on the floor.

He raised one of his eyebrows by smiling mockingly at me.

"Well, all the best with that.", he said with true pride on his face and then he turned away showing his back to me.

I settled myself on the carpet and drifted into thoughts.

Where did it go wrong?

I was crying again as memories of our first meeting came into my mind.

I really mistook him for a nice person!

Hey my High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO