Chapter 37

My love to readers from Egypt and Bangladesh!

"Are you really Abilo's daughter?", he asked after we came home.

"What kind of question is that?", I asked. 

I was going mad because of this guy.

"Abilo is rich Lara, and Annie, his daughter looked so pampered and smart. But you, you don't know anything. You don't know to use a phone, you don't know to open a car door. How is that possible?", he asked.

"So, you asked me this question because of all that?", I asked.

"Doesn't it make sense? You are so....", he was about to say something but he stopped.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing.", he said.

"Say now. Right now.", I said.

"You are so dumb!", he said.

I knew that this would come up.

"I am sorry!", he said.

I wanted to scream and tell him about my situation and my past. But I know that it would make things worse. He will hate me more for being uneducated. He will hate me when he will know that I never socialized and stayed all day at home working like hell. I really don't know how he would react.

"Speak something Lara.", he said in a low tone.

"Why did you stay at Portia's home? Why did you lie to me?", I asked.

"First answer me.", he said.

"I guess I asked you much before.", I told.

"Okay if you really want to know, then listen, I didn't like we getting close to each other.", he said.

"What closeness are you talking about?", I asked failing to understand what he meant.

"I want to distance myself from you as we will not live together in future.", he said.

"I don't get it, when you have made it crystal clear that we will be just friends then why can't we behave like all the other friends do.", I asked.

"Because I know that deep down you want more than friendship.", he said.

Oh, so he understood. 

"Yes, I always wanted and still want more than friendship from you. But I can understand you. I know that the formalities for divorce have started.", I said.

His eyes grew bigger in shock.

"I am not desperate for you Luiz. I have my self-respect too. I just asked if we can go out because I was bored and I wanted to go out with you. If you were not fine with it, you could have told me. Why do you need to run away from your own house?", I asked.

I was losing my cool with this guy.

"Okay listen, if it hurts you so much, I shall never ask you to take me out. I shall never call you to ask if you had lunch. I shall never have dinner with you and yeah, I will make sure that I will never interfere in your life. I will try to distance myself from you, as much as possible. Hope this makes you happy.", I said all that at once.

There was hurt in his eyes.

"Don't think that I will be hurt. I know to manage my emotions.", I said and ran upstairs.

I locked myself in the bathroom and turned the shower on.

I welcomed the cold water on my face.

I couldn't control it anymore. I started crying hard after a long time.

I didn't cry in front of him as I didn't want to show him how weak I am. I had to act strong in front of him.

Well, it's okay to be week unless only I know about it.

I came out of the room after wearing fresh clothes. Luiz was nowhere to be seen.

I hope he didn't run away again.

I searched for him everywhere but he was nowhere to be seen.

Can he be in his study room?

I went towards the study room and saw that the door was open.

I knocked the door at least four times after that and there was no response. I peeped inside the room and saw Luiz's head resting on the table. 

I moved closer to him and stood there. He was sleeping. I looked at a closed book beside him. It was printed 2018 on it and the book had a pen inside.

He started writing the diary again! But he said he writes diary only when something important happens in his life. What can be important now?

I sighed.

It doesn't matter to me. After the series of incidents, I learnt that I shall not interfere in anyone's personal life.

I decided to wake him up.

"Luiz.", I patted his back.

He woke up with a jerk.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have minimum common sense to knock the door before you enter the room?", he shouted.

"Don't shout. I did knock the door but you were sleeping like you didn't sleep for days.", I said defending myself.

"Oh I am sorry!", he said.

"May I know what brought you here?", he asked politely.

I was bowled by his change of mood.

"Do you want me to make dinner for you, or you have problem with that too?", I asked him irritated.

He suddenly smiled.

Is he mad?

"Had it been any other person instead of you, they would have never cooked.", he said.

"You want me to cook or not?", I asked him.

"Do you realize that you are being bossy nowadays?", he asked.

He has serious mood swings!

"DO YOU WANT ME TO COOK OR NOT?", I asked emphasizing each word this time.

He tied his hands and leaned back on one of the racks.

"Its your wish. But I would appreciate it if you will make dinner for us.", he said.

After sometime, I made the dinner and was about to serve.

I was surprised to see Luiz already sitting on the dining chair. He was playing with the spoon and fork like a kid.

Cute fellow!

I diverted my mind and placed the dishes on the table.

"You have dinner first. I will have later.", I said.

"Have dinner with me.", he said with his amusing eyes.

Hey my High Fliers!!

I wish I can make dinner like LARA for my loved ones :)

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjudhigh