Chapter 44

"Lara wake up!", he said.

"I want to sleep.", I said and tossed to the other side of the bed.

"Don't be a lazy goose! Wake up.", he said.

"I am not at all lazy.", I said and woke up.

"Get dressed. We shall go out."

I wore a white top and blue pant.

It was a long drive after which we came to a place which was looking marvelous.

"Wow! What is this?", I asked.

"Its Cathedral of Brasilian. I am surprised that you don't know about it Lara!", he said.

I smiled lamely.

I don't know anything in Brazil even if I stayed here since my childhood.

"How come you don't know about this church? Did you study abroad since childhood?", he asked.

Studies!!! The thing I loved but never had.

The thought was so depressing.

"No.", I said.

"I remember your mom mentioning that her elder daughter was studying abroad. But then she introduced you as her maid. It is so confusing!", he said.

Oh no! I don't want to talk about my past!

"Are we not going in?", I asked to divert his thoughts.

"Yeah let's go in. The mass will begin soon.", he said.

"You can share about your past with me whenever you are comfortable.", he added.

Thank God! But why should I share it with him when he said that we will be divorcing?

After the mass, Luiz took a lot of pictures of mine and we even took selfies.

"That's enough! I am hungry.", I said.

"Oh I am sorry. Let's go.", he said.

It was kind of late for breakfast so we decided to have brunch.

We entered into a very simple restaurant.

I was surprised that he had food even in simple restaurants like this.

"What?", he asked.

I didn't realize that I was staring at him.

"Nothing. I was just thinking that a person like you can have food in such simple restaurants too.", I said.

"What is the big deal? Food is a food and I am human. Instead, I like food in simple restaurants than the food in five-star hotels.", he said having his hot pot noodles.

I smiled.

After having brunch, Luiz was driving the car. But he was not going the usual way we came. It was a different way.

"Are you sure that we are going the right way?", I asked.

"Of course, we are. I am taking you to a different place.". he said.

Why is he being so nice to me?

We went to a place which looked like a huge park. We went inside. But to my surprise, there were a lot of animals.

It's a zoo!

"Come with me.", he said and held my hand.

My heartbeat skyrocketed. But I controlled.