Chapter 8

Guys I am soooo Sorry for vanishing for this long. But I was really held up with too much of work and exams. Anyways, I shall try update regularly now. Once again, I am really sorry!

Here you go with a double update!!!

Enjoy and cheers!!!

I had completely lost interest in my surroundings as the words said by Luiz were constantly ringing in my head

"Anyways all this is going to be till I divorce you and chuck you out of my house. So enjoy to your fullest babe."

"Welcome! Welcome! Oh Luiz! I am so proud of you! Finally, you are settled.", said Caroline.

I did not get why she was welcoming us into the party as if she hasn't seen us from years or as if this is the first time she is seeing us. Maybe it's her way of getting excited in front of these many guests. My god! It was a large social hall and soo many people were there including the media and celebrities who I saw before only in newspapers.

I didn't know that he was this big a businessman!

"I was well settled long time ago mom. Merely marrying a person doesn't make me settled.", he said rudely.

Caroline's smile faded away immediately. Guess Luiz is really in a very bad mood today.

Luiz made his way towards a group of men and started talking to them and I was all the time with Caroline.

I had to admit, it was really weird being introduced to different people at a time and repeat the same introduction of mine again and again. It was like I am reciting a poem. I was getting usual reactions from the business men I got introduced to.

"Oh! I never saw the elder daughter of Mr. Abilo Silva."

"I didn't know Silva had two daughters until now."

"You are Abilo Silva's daughter? We never saw you before!"

Uhh, I was tired now.

"Come on Lara, I shall introduce you to my friends now.", Caroline said, which took an hour more.

I wanted to sit. These heels were so painful. It was hurting my feet.

"Caroline, my legs are hurting can we sit?", I almost requested her.

"Oh sure sit in the first row we shall start with the ceremony.", she said.

There were few people who started speeches on the podium after which Caroline went to the mic with few papers in her hand. Luiz was busy attending other guests even now.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I would like to thank you all for coming here to bless my children and share our happiness this evening. It feels great when you know that your children are capable and have reached a stage to take up all the responsibilities. At this point, I would like to transfer all my responsibilities and fade away in the background." ,she said with tears in her eyes.

"Lara darling, please come up on the stage. Luiz come here my child." She said after a pause.

I am nervous.

I saw Luiz walking towards the podium I stood at the bottom of the podium waiting for him to come so that we both can go together. But Luiz very clearly avoiding me just went upon the podium and I had no option but to follow him.

Why should he insult me every time that too in front of so many people?

"Though many of you have already met my daughter in law I would still like to introduce her to all of you. Lara, one of the very beautiful girls I came across in my life. I just met her a few times before and very quickly I realized that she can be the one who can make my son happy for the rest of his life."

People started smiling and clapping.

It did not sound logical to me. On what basis did she arrive at such a wrong conclusion.

I looked at Luiz. It was very evident from his face that he thought of it as a shit and was waiting for all this to get over.

"It made me happier when my son agreed to my decision and accepted to marry her.", she said.

He agreed to it? Really? But why?

"I am blessed to have Luiz as my son who took over all the responsibilities at a very young age and I know it's not fair on my part to burden him more. But I am growing older so I just want to relax from now on. So, I shall transfer all my properties, my shares, my beauty and hair salon business, my café business, my textiles business and my real estate business to Luiz.", she continued.
Everyone started clapping and cheering. But I looked at Luiz again he had a frown on his face.
"And... as a gift to Lara I shall transfer my jewellery business and the business of chains of hotels and resorts to her. She shall handle everything under my guidance.", she said.
I was shocked was an understatement!

Everyone started clapping again.

I looked at Caroline who was smiling at me and extended the papers in her hands towards me. She had a genuine smile on her face. I took the papers thinking we shall discuss this later.

I couldn't help but to look at Luiz. He was shocked too and his face turned pale like he lost all the blood from his face.

All I heard was people clapping. All I felt was shocked and numbed. All I saw were the flashlights of cameras and pain in Luiz's eyes of having lost something.

Seriously? Is this all for business? 

"Enjoy everyone and welcome once again!", Caroline said.

I left the podium. 

I couldn't handle it anymore. I wanted to go back home and discuss things. But I was crowded around by the people saying congratulations and wishing me luck.

I was looking around for Luiz. I couldn't see him anywhere around. I knew that he was hurt and I didn't know why but I felt really sad seeing him like that.

Where are you Luiz? What are you upto?

The dress above is what Lara wore for the party.

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO