Chapter 24

Lara's P.O.V

I was tired of reading the further diary entries. It was completely filled with business dealings and their romance. It was kind of giving me a headache. I decided to go to the last page of the diary. But to my surprise, the diary was filled only till June 23rd. After that, there were no entries. Did Maryam die on that day? Maybe Luiz didn't write after her death. I decided to read the last few diary entries to get a fair idea of what might have happened.

June-20-2016

I have to go to London tomorrow. This project meant a lot to me. I was working on this project for last four months and finally, I finished it today evening with all the required formalities. Maryam was sitting on one of the couches in my office room waiting for me. Once I was done we went to her favourite restaurant. We had to be away for five days. I wished she came along with me. But she said that she had to be with her parents as they will be shifting to New York permanently. We came to my home after having dinner. She was sad to be away from me for five days. I loved her so much. We started packing for my travel the next day. After sometime I was tired so I lied down on my bed. She picked the best suits in the wardrobe for me and packed them. I must say she had a very good sense of fashion. She came and lied down beside me and kissed my lips wishing me good luck for the project. As if I was going to be satisfied with that kiss, I pulled her over and we ended up making love as usual.

June-21-2016

It was hard to leave Maryam and go. I just wanted to marry her soon once I return from London. I didn't want to leave her. I said her a goodbye in the airport. Once this project is sanctioned, it will prove to be a huge turning point for Cardoso Corporations. I would get many more projects like this in future.

June-22-2016

I am worried. I was very busy today. I didn't have time to even have my lunch. It was a long day. Finally, in the evening, I got time to video chat with Maryam. I was surprised to see that she was at her home. She didn't visit her home even once in the last three months when she moved in with me to my mansion. She was chatting from her home. I asked her why she went there. She said that her parents were about to collect their belongings from her place as they were shifting to New York permanently. I asked her if she had the security along with her. She said that they went to accompany my mom who went to visit one of her friends and she was at her place without bodyguards and security because it was planned suddenly that she would meet her parents. I asked her to go home safely and as soon as possible. Her doorbell rang. She said that she had to go as her parents came home. She said that they would pack the things soon and leave. She said I love you before ending the call. But after that she didn't call me back at all. I called her several times after having dinner but she never took my calls. I called my mom and even she didn't take the call. Maybe she slept soon. I was very tired. Maybe Maryam is having dinner with her parents at her place. She had this habit, whenever she was with her parents or friends, she never used to call or text me. I shall speak to her tomorrow.

June-23-2016

When I woke up in the morning, I saw many missed calls from my mom. Shit! I forgot to take my phone out of silent mode. I had kept it in silent mode due to multiple meetings I had yesterday. I decided to call my mom first and what she said next shattered my world. She said that Maryam was missing. She told that Maryam never returned back home last night. Mom told that she tried to contact her as well as her parents but no one took the calls. She said that she already sent men in search of them. I cancelled all my meetings and plans in London and immediately booked the next flight to Brazil. I am in flight going back to Brazil now. The travel from London to Brazil is literally killing me. When you travel, it is not the time of the travel that exhausts you, it is the anticipation of what will happen next. I couldn't use my phone to get the updates. I had no way to know about the current situation. I hope she is fine.

Lara's P.O.V

Oh no no! what happened after that? What happened after Luiz returned to Brazil? What happened to Maryam?

I can't even imagine how hurt and heartbroken Luiz would have been at that time. I felt so sad for both of them. They loved each other a lot and the pain of losing the loved ones is the worst thing one can experience.

But one thing was sure, someone murdered her. But who? Was it one of her enemies or any one of the Luiz's business rivals?

If it was Luiz's business rivals, are Caroline and Luiz still under threat?

Ah! My head is breaking!

I lifted my head from the diary and saw the wall clock. It was eleven at night.

I was surprised! I sat here for hours reading the diaries. I skipped my dinner and I didn't even realize about it.

I got up from the chair I was sitting on.

All of a sudden, I felt like someone was standing behind me. so, I turned around.

My eyes grew bigger. My heart was in my mouth. 

I just wanted the floor to swallow me.

In front of me was Luiz who was ready to explode with anger.

For how long was he standing here?

Oh god! Please save me!

Hey my High Fliers!!

Damn! Lara got her ass in trouble!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO