Chapter 26

I heard the chirping of birds.

I opened my eyes and noticed trees, plants and a gate. The sky was not completely blue yet. The Sun was yet to rise.

Where am I?

Things that happened last night flashed in my mind.

When did I sleep last night?

My head was aching. I was very hungry. I stood up from the place I slept and dusted my light blue top and white pant. The soil marks were not going from the dress and were visible due to the light colour.

Someone came running from behind and before I could turn back a piece of cloth was put on my nose as well as mouth at a time and in few seconds, I started feeling dizzy and my head was spinning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes again. Sun rays fell directly on my face from a glass window which was locked. My headache was back. I was sitting on a chair and I was in a room of something that seemed like a cottage. This is not my home. This is not Luiz's home either. Then, where am I?

I got up from the chair and walked towards the door to open it.

Then I came out and saw that the door didn't have a lock on either side of it.

Then I saw a man in his late twenties who had a cut on his finger and it was bleeding. He was searching for something. I ran towards him and held his hand.

Oh no he is bleeding! But the cut is not deep.

"Do you have a first aid box?", I asked him.

He just looked at me without any expression and after sometime, he said, "No."

"At least a piece of cloth?", I asked.

He didn't say anything again.

I looked around and saw a cotton cloth which was placed on the kitchen counter. I ran there and checked if it was cleaned or not.

"Hmm.. it is clean.", I said to myself.

I went to him and tried to roll the cloth around his finger. I saw that there were capsicums placed on the table.

Maybe he was chopping them and got the cut.

I tied it tightly to stop the bleeding.

I saw his face it had a look of confusion.

"Are you brainless?", he asked.

What the hell? I helped him and he is calling me brainless?

Raising my head with confidence, I said, "No I am not. But you are the one who is brainless because you are calling me brainless in spite of me helping you."

He laughed hard.

Someone rang the doorbell and he went to open it.

Three men who were like bodybuilders came inside.

"Everything is done sir.", one of them said.

"Okay", he answered.

Those men came towards me and I was scared. One of them tied both my hands behind even though I struggled a lot to free myself. Then another person put something on my mouth which was like a tape and then blindfolded me.

"You are kidnapped Lara and I am your kidnapper.", I heard the voice of the guy who had cut on his finger.

I was kidnapped!!!!

Why did he kidnap me? How did he know my name? Who is he?

I started struggling like hell to free myself and to shout. But they dragged me and made me sit on something. I heard the door being closed. I was in a vehicle. They were taking me somewhere.

I was tensed. I tried to shout but the voice that came from my mouth was barely audible due to the cloth.

I don't know what they would do to me.

It was a long travel. Then they stopped the car and pulled me out. The next thing I knew was, I was made to sit on a chair and tied very tightly to that. Then I heard the sound of a closing door.

At least they should feed me something. I am so hungry.

After I don't know how long I heard someone open the door. The tape which was on my mouth and cloth piece on my eyes were removed.

After a hazy vision for some time, I saw the same guy I saw in that cottage kneeling in front of me. He had a devilish smile.

"Who are you and why did you kidnap me?", I asked.

"Can you give rest to that mouth of yours?", he said.

"How can you expect me to be calm down when you kidnapped me?", I shouted at him.

"Don't shout Lara, no one can hear you here and I am not deaf.", he said.

"How do you know my name?", I asked.

"First eat.", he showed me the food packets.

I was so hungry that I could even eat him at that point of time.

He opened the food packets and placed the food on the ground to eat. I saw among the few food items, there was boiled capsicum.

Did he prepare the food he brought?

"Eat.", he said.

I spat his words on him.

"Are you brainless? How can I have food if my hands are tied?"

His expression turned dangerous and after sometime that devilish smile was back on his face.

He went back and opened the knot of the rope. I quickly attacked on the food in front of me.

He came and kneeled down in front of me again.

"Who are you?", I asked while I was eating the food.

"First eat. You seem to very hungry.", he said.

"You can keep telling me as there is no food in your mouth.", I said.

One needs to be persistent till they achieve what they want.

His eyebrows came together into a frown and he was looking at me.

"What?", I asked.

"I am David.", he said.

"OK. How do you know my name?", I asked.

"Are we having a discussion over here?", he asked.

"No I am just trying to figure things out.", I said.

Again, that devilish smile was back. "So, you are figuring out things with your kidnapper?", he asked in a mocking tone.

"I want to know how you know my name.", I said.

"I know your name because you are Luiz's wife.", he said.

What the hell! So I was kidnapped because of Luiz.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Our LARA definitely has got some guts!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO