Chapter 47

I could not believe my eyes when I went inside the dark, huge and a lavish party hall.

There were so many celebrity attendees. There were burlesque dancers, aerial artists and a musical performance going on.

At the right side, there was whisky lounge serving different types of drinks and delicious food.

It is a lavish bash! A star-studded party!

I saw Alex. He was surrounded by girls and he was taking picture with all of them. In almost every picture he was flaunting his watch as if he never wore a watch before.

He looked stupid doing all that!

"Stop staring!", Luiz said by gritting his teeth.

I turned and glared at him.

"Lara!", I heard Alex scream from behind.

I turned back.

"You are the shine of this party. You look damn sexy!" he said.

He came closer to me and stared at me from top to bottom as if he will eat me up. 

Yuck! He is drunk already.

"How do you know that I love red?", he asked.

I was surprised!

"Just a coincidence.", I replied shortly.

"Everyone knows that I love red colour including Luiz.", he said chuckling.

"Yeah I still remember you running around your house in those red underwears of yours till the age of ten years.", Luiz said sarcastically.

Now I understood why Luiz was annoyed of me wearing a red dress.

Alex's smile faded away.

"Here is your gift.", Luiz took out a small box and put it in Alex's hand harshly.

"Man, oh man! The contract that was supposed to go to you is mine now. What else can be a better gift than that?", he said proudly and kept the box in his jacket pocket.

"Had it been not for Portia, I wouldn't have been here.", Luiz hissed.

"It doesn't matter to me if you attend or not.", Alex shrugged his shoulders.

Then he winked at me and left.

"Hey Luiz!", Portia said.

She dressed in a black dress which was cut very low.

"How do I look? You know I gifted a Rolex to Alex", she said smilingly.

"You are always beautiful Portia.", he said with a genuine smile.

"I know. Eric is here.", she said.

"Oh my god! Where is that mofo I want to meet him right now.", Luiz said it very cheerfully. All the sadness in him was lost.