Chapter 22

September-21-2015

It was Monday. My whole weekend went on thinking more about Maryam and probably the advances we could make. I had to talk to her about the kiss. That awesome kiss. But I wanted her to initiate the talk. I called her to the cabin with a lame excuse. She was dressed well in a blue formal pant and shirt. After discussing the work, I wanted her to talk about us but as I expected she behaved as if nothing happened. Fine, if she was willing to pretend as if nothing happened even I am going to pretend. It is nothing new for me. I was frustrated.

December-23-2015

Months just passed away. But I couldn't get over that kiss. But I managed to pretend well as if nothing happened just like the way she did. Christmas time was approaching and there is always a party at Cardoso's gathering hall every year. I gave instructions to Anna to distribute the invitations. Generally, all the employees attend except for the employees who visit their families living far away. I hope Maryam doesn't leave to visit her family.

December-25-2015

My mom was excited as always. We both went to church. When my dad was alive he used to accompany her. I was a bloody junkie. I always feel that I could never make him happy when he was alive. I never wanted to be successful for the world, I wanted to be successful for my parents and myself. He would have been very proud if he knew how I worked for the past two years to manage the businesses and my health. But I was happy that I could support my mom just when she needed me. She means everything to me. I could do anything for her. I became closer to her after my dad's death.

We came back home and my mom got busy with the arrangements. I was in deep thoughts thinking if Maryam would come or not. But I drowned myself in work to avoid her thoughts.

It was evening and we had to go to the gathering hall of Cardoso Corporation for the party and our body guards accompanied us. We reached there and I saw the hall was well decorated with a Christmas theme. Mom was so creative. We went inside and everyone started wishing us. Everyone wore red or white dresses. My eyes roamed around the hall in search of her. Then I spotted her near one of the Casino tables. She was looking gorgeous in a white gown with red flowers which was cut high showing her slim legs. She was looking gorgeous as usual. But there was something about the gowns she wore. She looked prettier when she wore gowns. It made her look elegant. Avoiding everyone I went to her. I placed my arm on her hand and pulled her out of the crowd near a casino table. She was happy seeing me. She complimented me saying I looked handsome in a white Armani suit. I took her to mom to introduce her. I didn't want to keep her as my dark secret like I did before with my other girlfriends. She was someone I could take to mom. I wanted my mom and the whole world to know that she is mine. But after taking her to mom, I couldn't understand how to introduce her. I was confused whether I should introduce her as my friend or girlfriend. I finally tried to settle for friends. My mom was surprised to see her. I told her that she was a new employee who joined only a few months ago. My mom smiled immediately and said that she thought that she was my girlfriend. I really wished that Maryam was my girlfriend. We went back to the Casino table she was playing on. She was so cheerful and enjoying herself. We placed our bets and even won a few times. She was in a happy mood. Time just passed by meeting delegates and friends. I made sure that she was always with me. I wanted everyone to know that she belongs to me. Later when the party was over, I brought her to my mansion. My mom came early from the party and was fast asleep. We were walking in the garden. I asked her about her parents. She told that they went to Bora Bora for a holiday and she wanted to spend her Christmas in Brazil itself because I was there. I was surprised to hear that. My steps halted and I asked her why she wanted to spend time with me. Then she said that I was special to her and in turn I always made her feel special. It made me the happiest man alive! I couldn't take it anymore. I kissed her in the garden. I thought it would end up with a kiss. But she started unbuttoning my shirt. I carried her in my arms and next thing we knew was, we were in my room making love to each other.

December-26-2015

Somebody was knocking my door. I went and opened it and I saw mom. Shit! it was so embarrassing. She came to know that I was with Maryam. I knew she was hurt because I introduced Maryam as my friend and it seemed like a lie to her. Later, me and Maryam faced mom and told her that we realized it just yesterday that it was more than friendship. She smirked at first but later accepted us. It was the happiest day of my life. However, I just realized that I never proposed Maryam. She said that she would be leaving to Bora Bora today evening. I went to drop her in the airport. She said that she would be back on the day of new year. Even though I didn't want to shy her away, I still thanked her for yesterday's night. To my surprise she didn't shy away and in fact, she thanked me in return. She was full of surprises. It didn't matter to me if I wasn't her first. All I wanted from her was her complete devotion towards our relationship. I respect her and I want her to respect me and our relationship and I think I am falling in love with her.....

Hey my High Fliers!!

I love their love story as of now!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO