Chapter 28

David never came after that day.

It had been two days since then and according to him, once he gets the ransom from Luiz, he would leave me.

I heard sounds of firing of guns.

Oh God! What is happening?

Suddenly, the door of the room flew open and I saw Luiz. My happiness knew no bounds.

He came for me! He came to save me!

He took large steps towards me and quickly opened the rope. Then he opened the plaster on my mouth.

But I had a doubt.

Where is David?

"Where is David?", I asked him.

"We shall discuss all that later. Now let's go.", he said.

I didn't understand why he was in a hurry.

He held my hand and we started walking briskly. We went out of the room.

I was shocked!! I saw those three bodybuilders who kidnapped me were dead by gun shots and there were two cops standing beside their bodies.

"What is happening here?", I asked.

"I told you we shall talk later.", he said.

He dragged me out of the that house by opening the door and we went out. There was a huge grassland and on the left side of it, there were huge trees.

All of a sudden there were firings again from the right side on us. Luiz dragged me back inside that house.

I was becoming crazy!

"You didn't pay the ransom?", I asked him.

"No.", he said.

I heard more gun firings outside.

Then the two cops came to us.

"Sir. Our men have killed them you can go now.", one of them said.

"I don't get it Luiz, why didn't you pay the ransom to him? Is your money more important to you than my life?, I asked him.

He looked at me angrily and said, "Shut up. Now listen to me, we will go from a way between those trees. You have to run if you want to save your life. I will follow you. There will be a driver in the car waiting for you at the end, you just take that car and leave."

"What about you?", I asked him.

"I said I will follow you.", he said.

"Will you not be coming in the car with me?", I asked.

"No.", he said.

"Then where will you be?", I asked.

"Just do as I say Lara. At least for once, stop asking questions. If we do not leave now we will die.", he shouted.

"Okay.", I had to agree with him.

He opened the door again and we ran towards the trees.

It looks like forest. My god! It was scary.

I started running but after few seconds I heard the firings of gun again. I looked behind and saw that  there were five more cops and few men which I suppose were David's men were firing at each other in the grassland.

"Don't look back Lara! Just run.", he shouted.

I was about to run again but I heard another gun firing which was much closer.

I turned back and I felt like my heart stopped beating.

Luiz held his left arm and he was bleeding.

My god!

"Luiz...", I shouted and started running towards him by turning back.

He bent a little due to pain and behind him, I saw David who was standing ten meters away.

My eyes grew bigger in shock. He aimed his gun at Luiz.

He will kill Luiz. I shall save him.

David pressed the gun again. But this time the bullet crossed Luiz and me and hit one of the trees.

Just when I was about to reach and hold Luiz, I heard another firing.

I felt something hit my right shoulder. I looked at my right shoulder and there was blood.

Am I hit by a bullet? But I cannot feel any pain.

"Lara.......", I heard Luiz shout and hold me around.

Then I felt a sudden sting on the place where the blood was flowing. Then the place had an unbearable pain. My whole right shoulder became numb. Then I felt like my whole body became numb and I was about to fall on ground by losing balance, when Luiz held me from preventing to fall on ground and made me sit on the ground instead.

He then held my face in between both his palms.

"Lara.. Lara.. look at me.", he said.

I looked behind him and I saw David. I looked at his face. He had an expression of shock and hurt as if he did something which he didn't want to do. He held his gun down. But then, I could hear three gun firings behind him. Then I saw all the three bullets hit him. He immediately collapsed on the ground and behind him three cops were standing.

No!

Luiz looked behind and then looked at me again.

My eyelids were shutting themselves.

"No, Lara open your eyes.", Luiz shook my face.

I tried opening my eyes, but it was impossible.

One last time I saw Luiz's face and our eyes met.

I Love you Luiz!

I wanted to say it but I couldn't say it.

"Lara no.", was all I heard before everything in front of me became dark.

Hey my High Fliers!!

This chapter literally hurt me so much.

But you guys can make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad :)

Love you all <3 XOXO