Chapter 7

The following morning, I made sure that I had breakfast before itself while Luiz was working out.

Besides, Portia told that she would be coming in the morning in order to help me arrange the clothes in the wardrobe and help me walk on the stilettos as she had some commitments later.

"Hey girl!", Portia said.

"Good morning!", I greeted.

"Let's start your training of walking on those killer heels.", she said all excited.

After ten minutes I felt my foot aching a bit.

But I shall manage just for the sake of the fact that those stilettos looked so beautiful.

Portia got a phone call so she excused herself and went out. I continued my practice of walking on the stilettos but all of a sudden, the heel of the sandal got stuck at the end of the carpet and I was almost about to trip back when a pair of arms held my shoulders from back and my heart almost stopped beating when I saw who it was.

I managed to stand from the grip.

"Why do you even try to attempt things which do not suit you? Can't you just be yourself? I wonder why you hurt yourself when you can't balance over those shoes. You are literally screwing your back!", Luiz said angrily while letting me go.

I was in loss of words.

What shall I say now. It's better to shut my mouth.

He looked at me for few seconds and went inside the washroom.

Why did he look at me?

I quickly removed the stilettos and ran to the mirror and saw my face.

I was flushed. My face had a rosy glow.

But why was I flushed? Oh yeah, Luiz held me!

I felt like a stupid at that moment. 

"Sorry I have to rush. I have some emergency. Please help yourself.", Portia entered the room just then.

"No problem.", I just replied curtly and left the room.

I was determined to learn to walk on those stilettos tonight.

Who is he to judge if it suits me or not? No one, as in, no one has the right to judge me based on my lifestyle. 

Later that evening, a stylist named Zoya visited home.

"You have got such shining brown hair, did you smoothen it?", she asked.

I didn't know what does smoothening mean.

"No.", I just said that and didn't speak anything further.

She was a very calm person and did her work very passionately. She did my hairstyle and make up and asked me to change into the evening gown which Portia and Sarah helped me buy the previous day.

I wore the dress and came out. Zoya lifted both her eyebrows and said "You are very pretty! A gifted beauty!"

"Thank you", I replied giving my widest smile to her.

"Let's do some touch up and then wear those earrings and bracelet and you are ready to flaunt yourself.", she said all excited.

After a few minutes, she finished giving me touch up and I wore the silver hoop earrings and a silver bracelet. I couldn't believe myself that I could look this sophisticated.

Wow this woman knows to do wonders!

I looked at myself and saw that she clutched half of my hair at the back with a very fancy silver colour clip and left the rest half of the hair down. She kept the makeup light which was very beautiful and simple. Finally, I wore my stilettos.

"Wooo! You look taller. You look like you are five-eleven after wearing those stilettos."

"Thank you very much. You are really great at your work.", I complimented her.

It was almost seven in the evening and I was waiting for Luiz.

But to my surprise, he was already there waiting downstairs looking at his mobile phone.

He was looking amazing in a black velvet tuxedo.

Can I just take a few minutes to appreciate this man in front of me? By the way when and where did he change?

"Good evening sir!", Zoya greeted him.

He just smiled by giving a nod and then he looked at me for a split second and looked back at his phone but again he looked back at me and stared for few seconds with wide eyes.

I started blushing  as he took an extra glance at me.

"Excuse me, I want to leave", Zoya said.

"It was a pleasure serving you.", Zoya said to me and left.

"Mom has already left. We should also leave.", he said with an expressionless face.

My smile immediately faded away.

Maybe, I expected too much. What was I expecting? A compliment??

I quickly followed him to the car.

A guard came and opened the door for me as Luiz sat on the driver's seat.

Where are the drivers?

It was a silent travel to the hall. Neither he spoke a word nor me. It was silent and awkward.

We arrived at the hall where it was written in huge letters stating CARDOSO CORPORATIONS.

So it was their personal party hall.

The place was breathtakingly beautiful. It was well lit with lights and decorated with flowers and lanterns.

I have never seen such a thing in my life before.

"It's very beautiful right?", I heard Luiz asking me.

For the first time he spoke to me in a civil manner.

"Yeah this place is so beautiful! The lights, the decorations, everything is just amazing!", I said exclaiming. I am sure that my eyes were sparkling.

"Well you never saw such a thing in your life before, right?", he asked me in a calm tone.

"Yeah.", I just replied.

"Then enjoy now. After all, this is what you have married me for right? These luxuries, this posh life... you have hit a jackpot Lara. Congratulations!", he said in a sarcastic tone.

I felt his words were like tight slaps on my face. He just managed to spoil my mood again. All the excitement I felt before just vanished.

"I never married you for all this.", I said dismissively by jerking my face away.

"Oh, I believed you.", he said imitating my tone.

I just looked back at him with my furious eyes.

"Anyways all this is going to be till I divorce you and chuck you out of my house. So until then, enjoy to your fullest babe.", he said with a wicked smile on his face.

My world stopped after hearing what he said.

He will divorce me? It has not even been three days since we got married and he is already speaking about divorce.

I just stared at him not knowing how to react.

"Now just get out of the car. Mom called and said that all the guests have already arrived.", saying that he got down from the car and closed the car door with a thud.

A guard came and opened the door for me.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Leave some comments and make my day because I love reading them.

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO