Chapter 16

"Looks like your husband was a Casanova once.", Sarah said teasingly.

Luiz looked very young in these pictures. He looks very matured now. My god! His smile is amazing.

"Luiz looks so cute.", Sarah said.

But the question now was who amongst them was Maryam? Everyone looked pretty.

"Who is Maryam among them?" I asked.

"We shall see that.", she said.

She typed Luiz and Maryam.

Various pictures of him and a girl came. Sarah clicked on one of the pictures.

The girl had dark brown eyes. Her hair was shiny and wavy. She was a very beautiful and a sophisticated girl. She looked very dignified.

"She is Maryam.", Sarah said.

"I can't blame Luiz for falling in love with her. She is so good looking.", she said.

There were various pictures of Luiz with her. In parties, in meetings and in other social gatherings. They were so close. Luiz looked so happy with her.

He never has that smile on his face now.

"He looks so happy. How I wish I could make him that happy now.", I said.

Then I saw a picture which made me jealous. They both were kissing on the lips.

"Please close this Sarah. I don't want to see it anymore.", I said and got up from the chair.

Why was I feeling like this? Isn't it natural for people in love to kiss?

"Lara.", Sarah called me.

"Hmm.", I said as if I was lost.

"Learn to control your emotions Lara. Every person has a past.", she said.

"But I don't.", I said, interrupting her.

"Yours is a unique case Lara. You never went out. You never socialized. You never actually saw how the world is and how people live their lives.", she said.

Its true. I never had a normal life.

The thought was so depressing.

"I am sorry Lara. I shouldn't have said that.", she said.

"No, that's fine what you said is true.", I said.

"I just wanted to say that everyone has a past and we should just accept it. That is trust. The beauty of love is that it makes you strong enough to accept a persons flaws and never be too possessive, it scares your lover a lot and may even seem irritating sometimes.". she said.