Chapter 42

"I came from London and mom called me immediately when I got down from the flight. I attended her call and she told that Maryam passed away. At first, I couldn't believe. She told me that she was admitted in the hospital which her mom and dad own. I quickly rushed there. My mom was already there. She patted my shoulder and said that I had to handle the situation with a lot of care. I rushed to the dorm to reach the room she was admitted in. When I was about to enter, her dad pushed me away saying I was the one responsible for the situation. I didn't really understand what he meant.", he said.

His breathing became heavy. I went and sat next to him and held his palm between two of my palms. He didn't move his hands away.

"It was written CIAO LUIZ and then I understood that it was that bastard. My world shattered seeing her lying on the stretcher. I wanted to go near her body. But even her mom came and pushed me away saying I was the culprit. They didn't even let me go near her body Lara. She was lying on her stomach. Maybe she died while seeking the treatment as she was shot at a spot on her back. I just saw her from outside the room she was in. I understood that they lost her child who was a gem. But they failed to understand what I went through. Even I lost my fiancé whom I loved the most. She was the most special girl in my life. There is no match.", he said.

He looked dull and broken.

Maybe I shouldn't have started this.

He got up.

"Where are you going?", I asked.

"Just leave me alone.", he said and left.

I shall leave him alone and forever if that makes him happy. He can never move on.

That night he didn't come home for dinner.

Is he drinking again?

I decided I will not bother Caroline or Portia. I decided to go to his office and check if he is there.

If he will not be there, I shall search in all the nearby bars. I can't leave him to suffer like this as I am the reason for the pain he is undergoing. I shouldn't have asked him about his past. Past can sometimes eat people up.

I took a cab and reached his office.

I went at the entrance.

"Who are you mam? Do you have a visitor's pass?", a security guard asked me in a disgusting voice.

May be everyone who works under him are also arrogant like him.

"No.", I said and continued walking inside.

He placed the hand in front of me and said, "You cannot go inside."

"You know who I am? I am Luiz's wife.", I said snapping back at him.

"You still need to have pass mam. What is the guarantee that you are his wife? You can be a stalker too.", he said.

"Is he there in the office?", I asked giving up.

"Why should I tell you? Get an appointment over a call first.", he said.

I ended the argument by not replying to him. He was not in a position to listen.

"Okay I shall wait till he comes out.", I said angrily and sat on the platform outside the office.

But what if he is not inside?

It started raining heavily. But that night, I didn't care if I was getting drenched.

A black colour car pulled out from the corner of the street. It came and stopped in front of the company and Luiz got down from it.

He didn't even wait for his driver to open the door for him or for the man who was ready with an umbrella for him. He directly came taking huge steps towards me.

"What are you doing here?", he asked.

"I was waiting for you. You didn't come for dinner. I thought you might be drinking if you were not in the office. So I came to check if you were in office first. Then, I thought I will search for you in the nearby bars", I said.

He looked at me surprised and then he did something that I never expected.

He hugged me.

My first hug!

He held me for I don't know how long. Then I broke the hug thinking people were around.

"You could have waited in the lounge.", he said.

"He didn't allow me inside.", I said pointing to that security guard.

He looked at him and in a cold voice he said, "You are fired!"

The guard who was speaking too much sometime ago shut his face and mouth and left.

"We shall go home.", he said.

I sat in the car with him while I was drenched. I was wondering how we will dry the seats later.

"Did you have dinner?", he asked.

"No.", I said.

"Henceforth, have the dinner by eight o'clock. I am a busy man Lara, my lifestyle is different and worst. Please don't spoil your health.", he said.

"Did you drink?", I asked him.

"No. I was on site.", he said.

We went home.

"I am hungry.", he said.

"I will reheat the food.", I said.

"No, I shall do it. I shall prepare soup too. You might catch cold.", he said.

"Even you are drenched.", I said.

"You first go and change. I will come later.", he said.

I quickly changed my dress and was wiping my hair with my towel and he came. He went into the restroom and brought a hair dryer with him.

"Come here.", he said.

I went.

"Sit down.", he said.

I did so and after plugging it, he started drying my hair. Occasionally, he dried his hair too.

We had dinner after he prepared the soup. It was really delicious.

"I like it.", I said.

"I am an amazing cook too. But yeah not as good as you.", he said and winked at me.

I was surprised was an understatement!

Hey my High Fliers!!

I don't know about you but I am falling in love with Luiz!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjana_1118