Chapter 70

Please motivate me by commenting and voting guyz... I looooovvve reading comments..

"Dad! You are here?", I was so happy to see him but I was wrong.

It was not just him it was all Luiz's and my family members and friends. Even Annie and Maria were here.

Caroline, Portia, Sarah, her husband, Eric, Maryam, and even Alex were present.

There were even Luiz's college friends in attendance.

I was so happy to see all of them in a casual party like this.

It was always those official parties which were unlike this party.

But why did all these people come?

The party was on the terrace of the mansion.

It was well lit and well decorated with beautiful and colourful lights.

"You seemed to be shocked.", my dad said.

"Yeah dad, I didn't expect these many people.", I said.

"I see.", my dad smiled.

I looked at Maria and Annie. They both smiled at me.

By the look of it I could tell that it was a genuine smile.

They really have changed.

Luiz came and held me by my waist.

"Hey! You look beautiful!", he complimented me.

I wore a royal blue colour bodycon dress.

Lately, I learnt that Luiz's favourite colour was royal blue so I decided to wear a dress of that colour.

"Luiz, I didn't expect such a huge crowd!", I exclaimed.

"There is a lot more to this evening.", he said smiling mischievously.

What is going in his mind?

"Lara, can I please talk to you once?"

I turned back and saw that it was Alex who asked me.

Luiz's grip on my waist tightened.

I looked at Luiz and gave him an assuring look and he let me go.

"Sure.", I said and me and Alex went to a corner.

"I am sorry Lara. I didn't know that my madness would affect your life this badly. But I didn't want you to go through such situations intentionally. I really loved you and wanted you to be happy.", he said.

"Alex, can we not talk about it.", I said.

"I just wanted to apologize to you Lara. I kept pursuing you because I thought you were not happy with Luiz.", he said.

"Well you can see that I am very happy with him right now.", I said.

"Yeah you are. That's why I decided to move on. I will never trouble you in my life Lara.', he said with a heavy sigh.

I felt like a huge weight was lifted away from my chest.

"Is this moron troubling you?", I heard Portia.

"No. He is not.", I said and smiled back at her.

"You look beautiful Lara!", she said.

"Thank you.", I replied.

"Okay, come with me.", Portia said and I followed her.

She took me to Luiz. She held my hand with one of her hands and Luiz's hand with her another hand.

"Dear all... Luiz has an announcement to make.", she screamed with excitement and left both of us.

"Well ladies and gentlemen, I would first like to congratulate Lara for this project.", he said and was hesitating to continue.

"Come to the point you dumbo!", Portia screamed again.

"Shh!", he narrowed his eyes.

"I have been through a lot in life. But once I met Lara, I understood that my struggle was nothing compared to what she underwent.", saying that he gave a death glare to Maria.

I held his palm to control him.

"Our relationship has seen many ups and downs. But now I would like things to settle between us.", saying that he looked at me with dreamy eyes.

"I fell head over heels in love with my wife. She has not just kept me happy every moment but she has also made me proud!", he said.

Hearing that, tears of happiness started pricking from my eyes.

"I am in love with your beauty, your intelligence, your innocence and for everything you are.", he said.

I wanted to pinch myself to believe that I was not dreaming.

He took a box from the pocket of his blazer and opened it.

It was my marriage ring which I left along with my note while I was leaving the home.

"Lara Cardoso, will you marry me again?", he asked and everyone started howling in excitement.

"Please?", he asked me.

"Well yeah!! I am all yours.", I said in between my sobs.

He slipped the ring on my ring finger and then kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

I heard the claps and whistles around me as my eyes were closed and I was lost in the kiss.

He broke the kiss and said, "And I love my mom so much for choosing her for me."

Caroline took long strides and hugged Luiz and me.

Then I saw fireworks in the sky.

"WOW!!", I heard everyone exclaim.

"Happy?", Luiz asked me.

"Yeah very happy!", I said and hugged him..

Yes! It was a success party. I got all I wanted. I was an independent woman. I myself couldn't believe that for my journey from an uneducated girl to a businesswoman, I had to endure so much. I got the only man I ever loved in my whole life.

MY FIRST LOVE!!

LUIZ CARDOSO <3