Chapter 33

Why was he staring at me like that?

"What happened? I asked him.

"I remembered the day I saw you for the first time.", he said.

I smiled.

"You looked pure and dainty.", he said.

"What does dainty mean?", I asked him.

"You looked delicate and pretty."

"Ohh."

I was in loss of words. He was complimenting me. It made me feel so happy.

I was doing a little dance in my thoughts.

"But I wonder why your mom said that you were the maid at their house. Indeed, I was really shocked to see you as my bride in our marriage. I never knew that you are Abilo's elder daughter", he said confused.

I don't know why, I was not willing to share my past with him right now. I didn't want his sympathy.

"I don't know why she said that.", I lied.

He still had a confused expression on his face.

I have to divert the topic.

"So yeah, remember the first time you came to our home for lunch?", I asked again to continue the previous conversation we were having.

"Yeah.", he replied.

"Well I was the one who made all those dishes.", I said.

"Seriously? How come you made so many dishes in a day?", he asked surprisingly.

"I just made them.", I didn't know what to answer for the question he asked.

"Is cooking your passion?", he asked.

"I like cooking. But I can't say that it is my passion.", I said.

I never had any other option other than cooking and cleaning house.

"I see. Anyways, the dishes were amazing.", he complimented me again.

"Thank you.", I said.

I was already on cloud nine.

"Is this ready.... aaahhh fuck!", he went and touched a hot vessel.

He was blowing on his finger. I quickly ran to him and held his hand.

"Its fine I just touched that hot stuff.", he said.

"You could have asked me right.", I said scolding him.

"What's the big deal. I am fine.", he said and took his hand off from my hand.

What is the big deal? How can he say that? He would have got burns!!

"What if you would have got burns?", I turned swiftly in anger. 

He is so adamant!

He pulled me to face him again by holding my left arm.

My face was a few inches away from him.

It made me tense and shiver. I looked into his eyes. His expression softened from anger.

What happened last evening crossed my mind and I asked him, "Luiz, won't you ask me about Alex?"

"What do you want me to ask you about him?", he asked with a serious expression.

"About yesterday....", I said.

He left my arm and stood a foot away from me.

"Lara that is your personal matter. I never want to impose anything on you just because you are my wife. You are my wife just for the name sake and till I divorce you. You are free to be with anyone you want.", he said.

I was shocked. Everything seemed to be fine sometime ago. But again, he shattered my world.

"You want to divorce me?", I asked.

"Yeah, Of course.", he said.

"But why?", I asked.

"Lara you are one of the very nice people I came across. You care so much for people around you. You deserve a lot of love in your life. Make a wise choice and select a person who will make you happy. I cannot give you the love and happiness you deserve.", he said all that in one shot.

"Then what are we? Is our relationship just till fake husband and wife? You took such a good care of me. Doesn't this mean anything for you?", I asked him.

"You mean a lot more than a fake wife to me Lara. Especially after you came forward to save my life that day.", he said with a lost expression.

"You are... like my good friend.", he added.

I was confused.

A friend? How can I think of him as a friend when I have feelings for him?

"Lara.", he called me.

"Yeah.", I said.

"Please don't have any hopes on me.", he said.

I was not able to understand what he meant because my brain was stuck with the tag of FRIENDS.

"What?", I asked.

"Don't expect more than friendship.", he said.

No. Never. I cannot be just friends with him. But for now, I shall agree for it because I don't mind being his friend too.

Yes, a FRIEND TOO and not JUST FRIENDS!!!!

"Okay.", I avoided the eye contact with him.

"I will wait for you at the dining table.", he said.

I was in no mood to eat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow! I just love that", he said pointing out the barbecue chicken I made.

Even though I was mood out, I was delighted because of his comment.

"Do you want more?", I asked him.

"Yeah sure.", he said.

I was happy that he really liked the food I made.

"We shall tell Jane not to prepare dinner henceforth.", he said.

"So, from now on, you want me to prepare dinner for you?", I asked.

"Like, if you don't mind. Till you are with me, please prepare the dinner for me.", he said.

"Sure.", I said happily.

"Did you use the phone I gave you?", he asked.

Oh no.... I forgot about it.

"Not yet.", I said.

'What? I shall show you how to use it.", he said.

"Okay."

He will come to know how technologically illiterate I am. I want to hide in one of the corners of the world where no one can find me.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjudhigh