Chapter 25

Please motivate me by commenting and voting guyz... I love reading comments..

I was scared! I know I have done a mistake. But what will he do now?

Before I could realize, he slapped me. I was shocked! Not that no one slapped me before but I didn't expect that from Luiz. He yanked my shoulders.

Ahh! It hurts!

"How could you? How could you just read someone's diary Lara? Don't you have basic manners?", he said.

"I... I am sorry.", I said.

Tears made their way out of my eyes already.

"Why did you read them. Tell me one good reason?", he shouted.

I didn't want to answer him right now. He is damn angry.

"Answer me Lara!", he shouted.

I decided to answer.

"I wanted to know you better Luiz. I wanted to know your past to understand you. I wanted to know what happened to Maryam.", I told him everything in one shot.

"How did you know about her before?", he asked as a frown made its way on his forehead.

"You dreamt her name one day. After that I asked Caroline and Portia. However, they never told me anything.", I told him.

"They never told you anything because it is absolutely irrelevant to you Lara.", saying that he pushed me away and my back hit one of the shelves.

"Henceforth, do not even dare to touch my things without my permission. In fact, do not touch anybody's things without their knowledge. It shows how ill-mannered you are.", he said.

"I am sorry Luiz.", I said again.

He went and sat back on the chair I was sitting on earlier. He picked those diaries and kept them back in the drawer very carefully as if he wanted to preserve them. Then he saw Maryam's photo which was inside that same drawer. He picked it in his hands.

Tears were pricking from his eyes but he controlled himself.

"What did you get out of it Lara? When you know very well that I would leave you one day, what joy did you get by digging into my past and trying to understand me?", he asked.

He was broken. But I had to tell him the truth. It was now or never.

"Before reading the diary I had some unknown feelings for you Luiz which I thought doesn't have a name.", I said.

He gave me a dangerous look. But I didn't care. I had to express my feelings.

"But after reading your diary I fell in love with you. The way you love Caroline and Maryam, the way you protect them, the way you care for them. That is how a girl wants her guy to be. I love you Luiz!", I told him finally. I felt like a huge weight was lifted from my chest.

"What nonsense?", he shouted and pushed the table so hard that it fell down.

He got up from the chair and started walking towards me.

My heart was pounding hard! I was never this scared in my life before.

"Nice try Lara! But you would be sad to know that all your efforts are wasted.", he said.

"What should I do to make you believe that I am not lying?", I asked him.

"Leave me.", he said.

"I cannot do that. Tell me something else.", I said.

He gave a sarcastic smile and said, "Really? Okay give back all the businesses mom gave you.", he said.

"I shall happily sign on the papers if that is what you want Luiz.", I said.

He gave me a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"You are very cunning Lara. You know that you signing alone won't be enough. Even mom has to sign them and you know very well that she would never do that because you fucking manipulated her already.", he shouted the last word.

"I never manipulated anyone.", I said in a low tone.

"Then tell me. Why did you marry me?", he asked.

Because I admired you. Because my dad asked me to. Because I wanted to get out of that hell.

I chose to tell the first reason alone.

"Because I admired you."

He closed his eyes in frustration and opened them after few seconds.

"End your drama here. Or else I might end up killing you tonight.", he was really angry.

What?

"I am not lying Luiz. It is true that I love...", I couldn't even complete what I said. He held my wrist very harshly and started dragging me.

"Luiz please leave me. It hurts a lot.", I said.

Without even minding my words, he continued dragging me.

He dragged me down the stairs and took me to the main door. He opened the main door and continued dragging me to the gate of the mansion.

"Where are we going?", I asked him.

But as usually, he didn't reply. Then, he stopped.

"Open the gate!!", he shouted on one of the security guards.

He quickly ran and pressed a button inside his small room after which the gates opened automatically.

Then Luiz continued dragging me and finally left my wrist.

My wrist turned pink.

"This.... is your place.", he said.

I didn't understand what he meant.

"What?", I asked.

"I take care of the people I love, not the people I hate. And trust me I could be ruthless to the people I hate.", he said.

Then he turned back and started walking inside. I started following him. I really didn't know why he said that.

He turned back and shouted, "Stay there."

What?

"Don't you dare enter the mansion.", he said.

I was hurt. I was shocked.

He wants me to leave his home? That too this late night? Does he hate me that much?

"Close the gates.", he said.

I kept looking into his eyes. I was literally in loss of words. My mouth went dry.

The gates closed right in front of my face. All I could see was the black gate in front of me.

I couldn't believe what just happened. I was left outside the gate.

Where would I go now? It is late night. What if someone kidnaps me? What if someone rapes me? What if someone murders me?

I decided to stay here till morning and then go to my home.

I sat on the ground near the gate.

I couldn't control it anymore. I broke down. I started crying hard for god knows how long.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

COMMENT guys!!

Don't give your ever famous 'silent treatment' to  me! 😂

Love you all <3 XOXO